Friday, August 10, 2007

First Day of School

We all survived the first day of school!!! Molly really missed Maggie, more then I thought she would. By 9:30 she was asking over and over, "can we go get Maggie". Cacki came a little after 10:00 and I gave her a quick lesson on her knew camera and then we left the house at 10:45. We arrived in stopped traffic at 10:50 in Campbell Station just past the library. It was 11:38 when we pulled out of the school. 48 minutes in car line - not for me!! Last year I mastered the car line and knew exactly how late to leave the house to be in the tail of the car line, unfortunately with 95+ degree afternoons, I don't want Maggie to sit outside in the sun any longer then she has to. Today I will park at the library and walk up to get her. After school, Melissa and Kerry brought their kids over to swim. I will blame it on exhaustion because I am too embarrassed to think my Maggie would act the way she did for any other reason. She was not a happy camper towards them and made a few ugly comments about them not wanting to play the things she wanted to play. After she had all she could take, she wrapped up in her towel and went inside to play on Webkinz. We went to hang out with Granny & Papaw for dinner and Granny had to polish up on her dog shaped pancake making skills. When I cut Molly's up, she threw a fit and Granny had to make another one. Granny go her cast off and Molly enjoyed helping her get rid of the dry skin on her hand. Papaw went to the doctor as well and they sent him on to physical therapy to work on some tendons in his foot. He felt some relief from it. I just pray they figure something out quickly regarding his back and knee. It's hard to watch your Dad who has always been a rock suffer from the pain that he has. I managed to have both girls asleep by 8:00 and myself by 9:00.

This morning I had to take Maggie to school because Mike had a sales meeting. Poor Molly was sound asleep when it was time to leave. I took my car to get my finder piece replaced. Amazing how a quick guess-timate of $30 turned out to be $93 after labor and tax. Car repair is so expensive. Molly fell asleep on the way home and I have had some quiet time to get some work done. Before you know it, it will be 2:45 and time to pick up Maggie!!

No comments: