Friday, August 31, 2007

DIAGNOSIS - Strep Throat

Maggie and I got to the doctor at 10:10 and we waited patiently in a tiny little room forever. They came in right away and took a throat swab which induced tears and screaming. I can only imagine how painful it must be for someone to make you gag and touch the sorest part of your body. They came back about 15 minutes later to say the strep test was negative, but they would call us tomorrow if it grew out over night. We waited and waited in the coldest room ever. Maggie was bundled up in her Bobby Jack jacket and even with her sitting on my lap with a fever I was still cold. After an hour of waiting, I went out and asked the lady that had taken the swab if we could have the air turned off. She was nice enough to turn the air off and open the door so we didn't feel so isolated. That turned into entertainment because we could see the people going by. Finally Dr. Machen came in and examined her and said she had all of the symptoms of strep and he felt like it would grow over night. He gave her amoxocillin and we were on our way. Me and the girls took a two hour nap this afternoon which was much needed by everyone. The rest of the afternoon, Maggie has laid around watching Bratz and High School Musical. Thank Heavens for movies. Hopefully tomorrow will bring smiles back to Maggie's little face.

No comments: