Today was the final day to get everything ready for the consignment sale and take it to the church and put it all out on racks. What a task it was this year. Erica and I started over two weeks ago getting ready for it and it's a good thing. I priced over 330 items with a grand total of $1200 if it all sales during full price. Even at half price, it makes it worth it. Maggie is excited. She knows when I get that big check it will be time to go shopping for school clothes.
Our morning started off rough. I had taken my shower and was ready. Maggie had just finished getting ready and Molly, well she was whiny. Not like usual though, it was different. I finally told her to go get dressed and she went to her room, got undressed and came back into the bathroom with her hand over her mouth where she proceeded to throw up all over the bathroom. I would rather it have been in the toilet, but I'll take the tile floor from a two year old. I put her in the tub to get it all off of her and then she sat in my lap for a few minutes. Once the feeling passed, she was up and going. I had to go to Wal-Mart because I needed safety pins and zip lock bags to finish my project. I was scared to take her out, but I didn't have much of a choice. I wrapped a towel around her in her car seat just in case. Turns out the rest of the day she was fine. Apparently her milk didn't settle right this morning.
Tonight was teach my kids to go to bed on their own night. Maggie wasn't happy, but she quickly gave in to exhaustion. Molly on the other hand... She ended up laying in her door way so she could watch me watching the news. She finally gave in and is still resting peacefully on the floor until I go back up and move her to her bed.
Tomorrow morning is the big consignment sale. Cacki is so kindly going to come at 7:00 so I can join Melissa and Erica in the line to be one of the first to battle for the best of the used stuff.. The funny things Mom's will do!! We will be leaving for KY on Saturday for Red's funeral. I am totally in shock that someone can be so sick with cancer and get a diagnosis one week and die the next. Guess in all reality there's no better way to end. You have enough time to say goodbye to everyone, but not too long to suffer.
No comments:
Post a Comment