Friday, June 1, 2007

Today was one of the most enjoyable days around the pool.. Jenny Collins' called last night and invited herself and Melissa Hill over for a swim date (which I cannot tell you how happy I am that she did that - I cannot call someone every day to come over because I don't know what their schedule is like). Me and the girls got outside around 10:00 so we could get the tables cleaned and the leaves picked up before everyone arrived at 11:00. I called Marci (she lives on Flotilla) and invited her and her girls up to swim, too. She has Maggie that's 6 (I taught her in VBS last year) and Ellie who's 8. All of the kids had a blast.. Anna Rose wasn't ready to leave when Melissa was ready to take the boys home, so I offered to bring her home later. Marci stayed until 3:00 and I wasn't able to get Maggie and Anna Rose out until 4:45. The thunder forced them out of the pool. The girls got all of Maggie's Littlest Pets out and played with them on the trampoline. They ate three popsicles each and would have gladly ate more!! The best part is, they all played so well together. There was no whining or jealousy - it was great!! Zach even played well with the girls.. Molly loves having a crowd over. She had a little incident in the pool.. She was swimming with a ring (which I will not allow again unless someone is in the pool) and apparently it tipped her forward and she would get back upright in it. She was face down in the water and at first it looked like she was doing it on purpose. She was kicking her legs and swimming towards the steps, but I quickly realized she had lost control. I got to her as she was getting to the stairs and I grabbed her up and she sobbed. It really scared her, but she handled the situation better then I would have expected. She knew she had to kick her feet and get herself to the stairs if she wanted to breathe.. I loved on her for a few minutes and then she jumped up and put her life jacket on and got back in the pool. She didn't ask to use the ring again.. She was exhausted by the time we took Anna Rose home. She accidentally peed at Melissa's house and all she could tell us was it was by the cat.. I went to find the puddle, but Molly didn't know her way around, so it took a while to find. Maggie finally showed us where Anna Rose's room was and the puddle was right at her door and their pet cat was right inside the room. She knew she was by the cat!! Thank heavens for hardwood floors!!

Tonight Maggie is having Maddie sleep over. We are taking her to the track meet with us since Melissa has a yard sale and has to prepare for Coleman's party. Maddie spent the day at Dollywood, so they are both exhausted.

Maggie did great at track yesterday. She really seems to enjoy it. She was tired after spending the entire day with Cacki, but it didn't show in her attitude or performance. Both of the girls were excited to have Cacki back in town..

No comments: