Thursday, June 7, 2007

I'm Exhausted!!

I can't believe it is only Thursday.. I am physically exhausted. I don't think I have ever realized that being outside everyday for a week could send a person into full blown exhaustion.. The week has been full of fun and excitement. Monday started with a trip to the gym to meet Melissa and at the end of our workout, Maddie decided she wanted to come home with us. Christi Abney and her friend Sherry joined us for a swim and Melissa and Erica arrived a little later. The girls were in the pool until 4:30.. Melissa brought us a water slide and I ended up having to jump in to rescue Lainey. Then Sydney repaid the favor by rescuing Molly when she got in with her life jacket unzipped and it came off.

Tuesday, Cacki came over and kept the girls all day so I could finish up delivering. Of course they enjoyed swimming time with her. It was the sweetest sight when I got home around 2:00.. Maggie was snoring on the couch. Molly's door was closed, so I knew she was asleep and Cacki was asleep on Maggie's bed. It was a great day for a nap, Maggie was able to enjoy track more.




Wednesday, we had Annabella and her family over to swim. They stayed from 11:30 - 4:30. The girls were tired, but not too tired to go meet Junie B. Jones at Barnes and Noble. I do no think they were prepared for the crowd that they had. There was nearly 300 kids there. She did a 20 minute skit and then stamped the kids books. Maggie and Molly both really enjoyed it.

Today...well we swam of course!! Cameron came over around 8:30, so we started our morning off with putt-putt. Sydney came home with us so she could get a head start on swimming. Marci, Erica and her friend Donna all came over to swim and the girls didn't get out of the pool again until 4:30. Molly was so funny.. Donna has a 4 1/2 year old son named Lucas and he needed a ring to float, so Molly associated him with being her size. She decided that she wasn't going to be outdone by Lucas, so if he would jump off the side, she would. If he jumped off the diving board, she did. She had built up her courage by the end of the day to do anything that anyone else was doing. She pulled one of the beach chairs over on herself and bumped her head on the concrete. She told me that a popsicle would make it feel better. She never complained the whole time she was eating it, but as soon as it was gone, she told me that her head was hurting and she needed another popsicle. After everyone left, we got cleaned up and dropped Molly off so we could go to track practice without her. Afterwards, we went by Sonic to get their free root beer float. Maggie is exhausted!!
Funny story of the day.. I had loaded the kids into the van to go play putt-putt and the mailman was coming up the hill, so I went to get the mail. Roger (the grass cutting guy) was outside mowing and he stopped the mower to move the trampoline back. I made casual conversation by saying I'm sure he was glad it finally rained. He's a talker, so that comment led to more talking. Cameron and Maggie decided to sneak out of the garage to see what I was doing and then they got back in the car. When I got in and started to back out, Molly said "Mommy kissed that boy!!". Her tone and deliverance of the sentence was too funny. I instantly asked who had schemed up that little story for Molly and Cameron and Maggie both blamed each other. It's amazing how young they can start to fabricate a story.. Of course Molly found it to be so funny, she kept saying it over and over and each time we all laughed.. So if Molly should tell anyone that Mommy kissed a boy, now you know what she's talking about!!

No comments: