Sunday, June 10, 2007

Almost Swimming

I am having flashbacks of three years ago watching Maggie learn to swim.. The neat part about Molly is that we have gotten to watch her from infant stage where I blew in her face and dunked her in the water to get her use to it, toddler stage where she was fearless with water wings to now - almost swimming on her own!! She has finally figured out the concept of kicking and moving her arms. She can jump off the stairs and swim almost 3/4 of the way to the wall where Mommy or Daddy are anxiously waiting for her. She loves to jump off the diving board to Daddy and she is able to almost kick back up to the surface. She will definitely be swimming by the end of summer, but I am guessing more like mid-July (that's my bet). She is so determined to keep up with the big kids.
Friday, Erica and the kids came over and we had a very quiet day around the pool. We actually got to sit in our chaise lounges and get some sun. My Dad brought Cameron by for a little while before the thunder ran us out of the pool. After we got cleaned up, we met Granny & Papaw at Olive Garden for dinner. Papaw asked Molly if she was spending the night and she said "you got my carseat in you car?". She was happy to get to ride home with them. Maggie was excited to get to have a slumber party with Mommy.

Saturday was Maggie's last track meet. We will miss the last two due to traveling. She got third place in the Long Jump, 4th place in the 4X4 relay and 5th place in the 50 meter dash. She loved every minute of it. Cacki came for the first two events and Grandbob stopped by on his bicycle for a brief visit. After the meet, we came home and hung out by the pool with Granny, Papaw, Cameron and the Pack family. Granny agreed to watch the girls so we could go on a double date with Melissa and Logan. We ate dinner at Connors and went to see Oceans 13. We were suppose to pick the girls up afterwards, but when we got there everyone was asleep and Granny told us to come back in the morning.
Sunday, I picked the girls up before church and we went to second service since I had nursery. I only had 12 two year olds today (11 of them were girls and mine was the highest maintenance). After lunch, I put Molly down for a nap and she slept three hours. I knew she was grumpier then usual and I guess she had good reason to be. Melissa brought her kids over for a swim and then we took all the kids to the Cove for a short play. It was so crowded there. We ended up leaving and going to Five Guys to get a burger. When we got home, the kids played outside a little longer and then Maggie went to bed. I took Molly for a walk around the neighborhood and then put her to bed around 10:00. She was finally sleepy again.

Tomorrow start VBS at First Concord Baptist. Maggie is excited because her friends Maggie and Maddie are in her class. I think that will make this year more enjoyable.

No comments: