Wednesday, May 23, 2007

End of School Party


Today was the last Wednesday of school and it has been packed with fun and it's only 3:00. The morning started with Natalie coming to watch Molly so I could go to Maggie's party. I was afraid that Molly wouldn't be happy that I was leaving, but silly me, what kid wouldn't want a 13 year old to be in charge. She was excited to show Natalie around.. I got to Maggie's school as they were coming outside and Maggie was excited to see me.. I was put in charge of the water bucket & three legged race station along with Theresa (Guiliana's mom). All of the kids had a lot of fun playing outside together. Our station was beside the one that had popsickles, so some of our kids got a little distracted. It's fun to see all of the personalities of the kids in her class without the structure of the classroom. After they made it around all of the stations, it was time for them to go to lunch. All of the moms decided to sneak off together and go to Pimento's for lunch instead of sitting in the crazy cafeteria. Maggie was okay with that, but she was afraid I wasn't coming back because of Molly. I had to relieve Natalie at 11:30, so I came home and got Molly and we made it back to the school by noon for the sundae bar they had setup for the kids. Just imagine how messy 41 (they shared their party with Mrs. Whitehead's class) bowls of ice cream is when it's 80 degrees outside. Maggie didn't eat all of hers, so Molly was more then happy to join in on the fun and finish off her bowl for her. Maggie got to leave early with me since it was 12:30 when the party was over. She was really afraid she was going to miss out on something in her class though. We came home, put on their bathing suits and went to Kimberly's house here in the neighborhood. She had her inflatable water slide set up. I was afriad that Maggie might not want to participate since she was the oldest, but she had a great time.. Once we got home at 2:00, the kids were exhausted. Maggie and Molly both got in their bed (not by choice) and went to sleep. I figured since it is only Wednesday and we have gymnastics, everyone could stand to rest a little. Plus tomorrow and Friday we'll be in the pool with friends.

No comments: