Thursday, May 24, 2007

Pep Mom's Pool Party


You just can't celebrate the end of the school year enough.. I have to admit, when I picked up Maggie today, all of her "stuff" was in her backpack like her crayons, clip board - everything we sent in at the beginning of the year and I instantly started crying. There's something still so innocent about kindergarten, but first grade seems so grown up.. Maggie knew I was crying and she laughed and told me to quit!! She better get used to it. We rushed home to get cupcakes out of the oven and to get ready for all of our friends to start arriving. Erica, Melissa, Kerry, Lindsay, Kelly and Felicia came with all of their kids (15 kids total). We had a great time and lots of yummy food. The kids had a blast swimming and jumping on the trampoline. Maggie was so funny - since she couldn't smear chalk with her hands (because she has rubbed the skin off of her fingers doing it) she didn't think anyone else should get to do it either. It's amazing to see how fast all of our little ones have grown up. I joined Pep Moms in January 2003 (Maggie was 18 months old).. God has blessed me with some wonderful friends through Pep Moms. I don't know what young moms do that aren't connected to other moms going through the same things. We have spent many hours laughing together, talking together, crying together and just being friends... Who better to celebrate another big milestone with?

No comments: