Okay, I have gotten pretty far behind.. I am going to try to play catch up on what we have been doing for the past week and a half.. I'll start with today because it's fresh on my mind.. Maggie has Guiliana and Abby over after school to play. I didn't realize how much noise 3 little girls could make together. Who needs toys when there's indoor tag and hide-n-seek (oh yeah and runaway from the vacuum while mommy frantically straightens up the house). I'm sad that I waited until the end of the school year to start inviting Maggie's friends over to play. She really enjoys getting to spend extra time with them. I think it would be so much fun to have all nine girls from her class over to play together (who knows maybe if the water gets warm enough I will invite them over to swim with the help of some other moms). I am going to miss this group of kids.
Yesterday and today they had a parent brunch at Molly's school. Yesterday she wasn't very happy with me because I had to leave, so today I snuck out. I have found it very hard to get attached to anyone in her class since Molly doesn't even communicate their names to me. Hopefully next year I will know more of the kids in her class. They did make a little film about their day and gave each parent a little book of their artwork with some pictures in it. After school, we cleaned the car and I mean cleaned (just the inside due to the rain on the way). I knew I had to go pick up Cacki for Mike's show at work and I couldn't stand the thought of anyone riding in my car. The girls enjoyed playing in the trunk while I cleaned.. We met Mike at Dealer's for dinner and ice cream then we made it home in time for bath and bedtime.
Tuesday..My directories were delivered just in time to take some to the Camp Expo at school. We were suppose to go to the Abney's house to play, but that turned out to be about 30 minutes of playtime before we had to run out he door for the Camp Expo. Wow...not sure that was a good idea. It was so crowded at the school that you couldn't turn around. Don't think we will do that next year. Afterwards we met Mike at ElMez Cal for Mexican food. I am amazed at how much Maggie loves tacos. Funny how she has learned to like so many new things in the cafeteria like Italian dressing and sweet and sour sauce.
Molly's funny for the night...She was working a puzzle with her Daddy and he zoned into the tv so she said "hello, I need your help!". Earlier in the day, she came to me with a camera and said "mommy, say cheese - I gotta bug on my nose". That's what I tell them to get them to look up at the camera.
Monday... Mommy made it to the gym where I ran two miles. We went over to Erica's house after school so she could practice riding her bike. Of course with everyone watching, she didn't want to perform. When we got home, we took the Barbie Jeep out for about a mile long adventure through the neighborhood. Mommy had MNO - we met at Salsaritas and then went to the mall for ice cream. Melissa, Kelly and Kerri were the only ones that showed up. Kerri left after ice cream and the rest of us went on a fun walk together.
Molly's funny for the day: When Mike got home from work, she greeted him with a squeal and said "Maggie's Daddy's home!!"..
Sunday...We went to church and then came home for a long afternoon nap. Daddy was the only one that didn't get the rest he needed. Once we came back to life, we went to Cacki's house for a visit.
Saturday.. Maggie learned to ride her bike!!! Daddy played in the Labor of Love Tennis Tournament. He lost the first match, won the second and lost the third. I think he was relieved to get to come home and rest. He lost his voice on Friday and was not a lot of fun to communicate with.
Friday..Maggie went home with Guiliana to play after school. Then I picked her up and took her and Molly to Granny's house for a sleepover. Mommy and Daddy went to the tennis tournament party at a house on Cherokee Blvd. What a house!!
Wednesday was gymnastics and other then that, I can't remember much from that week.. Sorry I have a short memory. I will try not to get so far behind again.
No comments:
Post a Comment