This post is a little late, but I wanted to include a picture from Cacki's camera.. Saturday, Maggie learned to ride her bike without training wheels. I am so proud of her. We had taken her training wheels off a few weeks ago, but after realizing she couldn't do it on the first try, she decided it wasn't worth it. I brought her bike over to Granny & Papaw's om Saturday since I knew Daddy was going to be playing in the tennis tourament all day. She wasn't thrilled when I told her, but she finally decided to give it a try. After several times of Mommy running along holding her seat, I was finally able to let go and she was riding on her own. She atempted one time to take off by herself and she did it, but she fell shortly after take off and hurt her knee on the handle bar, so I haven't been able to get her to try it again. She was so excited that she could do it that we had to go to Cacki's on Sunday afternoon. Cacki's yard was bumpy, so she didn't want to show off her new skill. After a few practice runs in the street without anyone watching (at least she thought no one was watching - Cacki was sneaking a peek from the garage) she was finally ready to perform. She got very confident and was able to ride long distances on the blacktop. Maggie will be able to join Papaw & Cameron on their long bike rides before you know it. 
No comments:
Post a Comment