Thank the Lord for beautiful days like today. There's nothing more exciting for a stay-at-home mom to finally see a full week of pretty weather. Maggie and Molly would rather be outside then anywhere else!! It doesn't matter what they are doing, just let it be outside and they are happy campers. Molly announced early this morning "no night night today". Who needs a nap when it's 70 degrees. Every stop we made she said "playground?" She was so happy to finally pick up Maggie and head to the playground in our neighborhood. We met up with the Abney's and the Pack's or another fun filled afternoon of hard core playing. Molly was so dirty by the time we left I would have been embarassed to take her out in public. They had fun to say the least.
The weekend was fun and relaxing.. Friday night we hung out at the Collin's house. After much arm twisting, I was able to convince Erica to join us. We all had a great time. The kids had a blast!! Dinner was delicious as usual - thanks Jerry!!
Saturday night Mike and I had a "date night" and went to see Harry Connick, Jr. We ate dinner at Peerlss before and had dessert afterwards with Stephanie and her friends. The girls spent the night at Granny and Papaws and got to have playtime with Cameron. What would we do without the greatest two sets of grandparents!! Mike and I are so blessed to have our family here. I do not know how families do it without their family around.
Since this was the weekend to spring forward, Mike and I slept really late. Let's just say when Cathy called at 10:00 I was just opening my eyes. The girls went to church with Granny and Papaw while we hung out in bed and watched The Departed. I had a photo shoot at 2:00 and picked the girls up afterwrds. Molly had just fallen asleep when I got there at 3:00 and I had to wake her at 5:00. Maggie was exhausted and ended up falling asleep on Mike's lap sitting up. She only slept for 45 minutes, but both girls had a rough time falling asleep. Molly was still awake at 10:30. Made for a rough wake up for Maggie at 6:30!! Before I put Molly to bed, we worked a little on potty training and after dipping her feet in water, she finally peed on the potty. Then she wanted to run around without a diaper because she was sure she could go again. She has dicovered her private parts and loves to check them out, so I kept saying stop playing with yourself. Molly finally hid under the table for some privacy to examine herself and when I corrected her, she said "I'm just looking".
Today was Miss Craig's first day back at school. Maggie was really excited to see her. It was also Annabella's birthday. Luckily we had a couple of fun things to look forward to to help getting out of bed so early worthwhile. Tonight in the bath tub I discovered that Molly has a little knot on her stork bite at the bottom of her hair line. I am praying that both Cacki and Granny are right and that it's just a bug bite. You know me, if it's any worse in the morning we will be at the doctor!! I let very little go unexamined!!
No comments:
Post a Comment