Tonight is a special night for us.. In 26 months we have not spent a night alone with Maggie until tonight. Granny & Papaw came over for dinner (I fixed corn beef & veggies) and when it was time to leave, Molly refused to let them leave without her. She typically sleeps with Papaw when she stays and since he coming back tomorrow morning I didn't have a great reason to say no. Plus Papaw was encouraging it!! All I had to do was bribe Maggie into staying home with me. She is Granny's buddy and Granny deserves a good night's sleep on a work night. Marble Slab ice cream, anyone? As soon as Granny & Papaw left with Molly, we jumped into Daddy's car and headed out for some late ice cream. Maggie was excited to get to have a night alone. She said "no one to hit me or scream at me". We are having a lot of trouble with Molly hitting and screaming at Maggie. Please let this phase as Cacki would call it pass quickly. She had me in tears by 9:00 with her screaming.. Spanking doesn't phase her, time out makes her scream louder - I'm at a loss with the situation. Maggie is cuddled up on the couch with Daddy watching The Cosby Show at 10:20 PM - way past her bedtime. Good thing it's Spring Break!!
Today I had a spontaneous moment!! Daddy mentioned the word "trampoline" and I was close to Wal-Mart with an empty trunk. We turned around, walked inside, went straight to sporting goods and bought a trampoline. That is why Papaw is coming over in the morning to help us put it together. It was raining tonight. Maggie cracked me up going into Wal-Mart. I was about to make a $260.00 purchase and she said, I just want a toy. A $15.00 toy that would probably get thrown away within a few months. I told her to think of her new trampoline as 20 new toys that won't get thrown away any time soon!!
Cacki and Grandbob left for Costa Rica this morning. Me and the girls watched the skies for airplanes flying over so we could wave and shout goodbye.. I hope they have fun. We will miss them!!
No comments:
Post a Comment