What a wonderful day we have had.. Mike and I started our morning off at the Parenting Conference which I am so thankful we attended together. One key point that Tedd Tripp pointed out to us was we should be thinking KINGDOM - not survival. I am definitly guilty of living in survival mode. There are some days I feel like I won't make it through the next tantrum. The bible teaches that we are to parent on a three generation scale. We want our children to be great examples to out grandchildren - wow!! What a responsibility we have. We also learned just how little authority we have over our children and that is our key responsibility. We knew that, but needed to be reminded just how important it is that we gain that control now. Things will be changing around our house and I pray that it will be a smooth transition. We practiced it as soon as we arrived at Granny's to pick up Maggie. I had bought her a UT dress to wear to the game and of course she didn't like it. She cried and made an ugly scene. I simply told her I picked it out and she was going to wear it - no arguing. Moments later, she smiled at me in the bathroom and told me she didn't realize just how cute that dress made her look. It will be a slow process, but one we so desperately need to make. As I type, Molly is crying in her bed!! It's her turn for a lesson today.

We met Jane & Granddaddy at the Orange & White Game at 12:30 and had the pleasure of sitting in the sky box. The girls had a blast seeing the cheerleaders and the dance team. They loved all of the food that was being offered during the game - especially the cookies and popcorn!! Molly enjoyed showing off for Granddaddy and said many times - "I like Granddaddy"!! The girls enjoy spending time with Granddaddy and Jane even though we don't
get to see them often.
Molly was exhusted by the time we left and she couldn't begin to stay awake in the car on the way home. She was alseep before we hit Alcoa Hwy. She woke up shortly after we arrived home, but was grumpy the rest of the night. Bedtime was a nightmare!! She is finally asleep, but I didn't enjoy the process at all. Hopefully by the end of the week I will have her trained to lay down on her own free will and sleep through the night.
No comments:
Post a Comment