Maggie did it, she pulled her first tooth all by herself!!! We really wanted to get it out yesterday for Daddy's birthday, but we didn't know the "trick". Our day started a little unusual.. I had a Pep Mom's Meeting this morning and as I was driving that direction my cell phone rang. I looked down and I could see Farragut Primary on the caller ID. I had a sneaky feeling after our medicine episode last night that Maggie wasn't feeling 100%. The nurse said she wasn't running a fever so I could leave her or come get her. She sounded pitiful, so I went and got her. The pitful look lasted until we got out the door and then she was skipping and having a good day.. With a DVD player stuffed in her backpack, off to the meeting she went with me. Can't say I heard much coughing.. While we were in small group I asked some of the "seasoned moms" that had been through losing the first tooth what the trick was and I was quickly given the answer.. DENTAL FLOSS!!! As soon as we got home, Maggie wanted to give it a shot. We were not successful, so it was time for a nap (punishment for playing sick).. Obviously she needed it because she was out quickly.. When she woke up she wanted to try again.. We finally were successful at getting the dental floss tied on properly. Maggie looked like a puppy on a leash with a piece of string hanging from her mouth. We each got to take turns pulling until she would complain that it hurt. She got up on the couch and was giggling and having a fun time with it. I told her if she would grab the string and give it a yank it would fall out. I think she thought she was going to pretend to do it, but she didn't realize she had a hold of the string so well and when she yanked - out popped her tooth. My immediate reaction was "where's the tooth". It had flown out of the dental floss knot and down the couch cushion. We quickly located it and boy was it tiny. They don't look that little when they are in the mouth.. Her gum bled a little which I was afraid might freak her out, but she was very excited to be able to say that she had pulled it all by herself. She called Cacki first and then down the list she went - everyone she could think of. She wanted to call my entire small group that knew we were close to losing it.. I convinced her calling Melissa was enough. We went to Marble Slab for ice cream to celebrate. I told her that she has to stay in her bed all night because if she's not there when the tooth fairy comes, she will pass her by. Maggie said the tooth fairy was going to be surprised when she got into her room tonight and found that Maggie's room is full of fairies. Maggie is also very excited that she will get to show Mrs. Stouder tomorrow and get her name on the Lost Tooth Chart.. Thanks Mrs. Stouder for making things like losing a tooth something to look forward to!!
What reaction would you expect from Molly - "my tooth out". She has been trying to figure out a way all night to get one of her teeth to fall out. Maggie even tried to help wiggle one for her.
No comments:
Post a Comment