Today is the big 43 for Mike and it happened to fall on President's Day so Maggie was out of school and Mike took the day off work.. He started his morning off with some routine work on his car and then came back home for a nap.. All he knew was there was a surprise planned, but he didn't know when, where or who was involved. I only share this because he openly admitted it...He was a little grumpy by the time 6:00 rolled around. He didn't get much accomplished with his day (so he felt) and he wasn't really in the mood to go stuff himself with another meal. When we arrived at Bonefish, he didn't know who the "surprise" would be.. Cathy and I had talked it over and gone back and forth on who we should ask to go out to dinner with us to help celebrate Mike's birthday and the name that kept coming up over and over was none other then the Chesney's. Mike was pleasantly surprised when they walked in!! What a wonderful dinner/conversations we had. The food was great and there was lots of laughter. Steve and Mike agreed that they were going to become spontaneous movie goers together!!! Needless to say, Mike left in a much better mood!! Thanks Steve & Cathy. It was a birthday Mike won't forget..
As part of the birthday gift, Cacki came to the house to babysit Maggie and Molly.. I had bought a new bottle of Triaminic Night Time Cough and Runny Nose. When we got home Maggie looked like a child that had been given way too much alcohol. She was bouncing off the walls!! I am not sure if she was taking advantage of Cacki or if it was the medicine. I have to admit I think it was the medicine. She had the craziest look on her face. After Cacki left, the serious, strict Mom went in the room and made her close her eyes and she quickly fell asleep. Of course the medicine had been in her system for three hours, so it had had time to start to wear off. Cacki's such a trooper!! Grace went home with Cacki and she will be missed by Molly. Molly asked several times today, "Time to feed Gracie?"..
I can't end this post without mentioning our bath incident this morning. Molly for some reason loves to hit Maggie for no reason. I told her that if she hit Maggie one more time that she would have to get out of the tub. Of course she waited until I was watching and hit her across the head. I got her out of the tub and she instantly started wailing "I Sorry" over and over. By the time I got her towel she had gotten back in the tub.. It took me over thirty minutes to get her dressed between time outs and consoling her. She is strong willed!! The story reminds me of a story about Mike when he was little. He kept pulling his Mom's ear in the car and his Dad told him "if you do it one more time..." and of course he reached up and pulled her ear and said "just one more time".. Gotta get the last word in!!
No comments:
Post a Comment