Mike took a vacation day on Monday so that he could "parent" his children while I went out to deliver directories. Maggie spent the day on the couch and Mike...well he was a busy little Mr. Mom. He dusted, vacuumed, cut the grass, cooked dinner, swam with Molly... He worked so hard that he deserved a MNO by the time I got home. He went to the movies and I put the girls to bed.
At 4:00 AM, Maggie woke up with a fever of 103, so I set the alarm and got up to make an appointment with the doctor. When Maggie woke up at 8:30, she looked much better!! All it takes is making the appointment. I gave her fever until 9:30 and it never came back, so I cancelled her appointment and we all took a shower. I washed sheets and blankets to get rid of the germ!! Maggie was finally hungry, so we went to McDonalds because she was craving a salad. She was feeling so good that she also participated in gymnastics.
Wednesday was back to school for Maggie and Molly helped me deliver directories. It slows me down a little when she goes with me, but I truly treasure having her with me. She is so cute and such a great little helper. I tell her over and over that when she is in kindergarten I am going to miss not having a buddy go to work with me. 
Thursday was Molly's first day at preschool. She got up in a great mood, got dressed, ate and was ready to go by 8:00. The only disruption in or morning came with picking out shoes. They do not allow flip-flops. What's up with that? I dropped her off and she was all smiles and I was all smiles. She has several little girls from last year in her class. She was very happy that Cacki agreed to pick her up at 11:30 so she didn't have to stay for lunch. They had a picnic lunch at the park and then went to pick up Maggie. I got home from Michelle's at 3:00, just in time to rush off to gymnastics. Mike was excited about going to the Farragut football game, so he took Molly and Maggie and I hung out. We took our bikes over to Turkey Creek and rode two miles. then we searched every store looking for a UT t-shirt for Maggie. We couldn't find anything that I felt certain she would wear more than once.
Mike took another vacation day on Friday. He picked Molly up from Michelle's after Bible Study and they did anything and everything that she wanted to do for the day. She chose to get Mike's car washed, play tennis, play at the park, ice cream and accidentally falling asleep in Daddy's car. I worked at Michelle's all day and got home in time to get Maggie off the bus. We went to dinner with my parents and Molly declared she was going home with them. It is Sunday morning and she has been there since Friday!!
Saturday was the first football game of the season. I got up at 7:00 and went on a 32 mile bike ride. I jumped in the shower, ate lunch at 10:45 and then we headed downtown to fight the traffic of Neyland Stadium. I never dreamed we would have to park at 22nd Street and walk two miles to the game :-). My body was tired. The game was great, the heat was horrible. We were soaked with sweat. After the game, we met Erica and Noel at Wild Wings for an overpriced dinner. Maggie was torn between coming home or staying with Granny and home won!! She is becoming a homebody and I know Granny misses her girl. It is easier for everyone when the girls are separated!! I took a shower and was laying in bed by 7:30. I was EXHAUSTED!!
I am not sure what today holds. Maggie wants to go to the zoo, but I think it is going to rain. We were going to the mountains, but there is no since in that if it is going to be ugly. For now, we will remain in our jammies and wait for Granny to bring Molly home. I miss her sweet little smile and her loud voice. I am so thankful that God made the girls so different because there are traits of each of them that I could just eat up...
No comments:
Post a Comment