The stress level has been very high this week. Disobedience, lying, fighting, whining...you name, I have had to deal with it. Today was the ultimate!! I had to run to the post office and what should have been a quick, uneventful trip turned into a nightmare. While I was trying to operate the automated machine, a man came inside looking for the owner of the silver odyssey (mind you I could see the van from the window). He informed me that my children were crying and he wasn't sure what was going on. He thought that they were scared. Little did he know that they were having a nice sibling fight over some stuff that was missing from Maggie's purse. I do not know what transpired inside the van, but I knew that their behavior warranted a spanking. I took them inside where the automated machine decided to malfunction leaving me no choice but to go inside and wait in the extremely long line. Both girls were crying from their episode in the van and now they were filled with fear because they knew they were in trouble. Molly decided it was best for her to just sit on the ground and be really quiet, but unfortunately she got too quiet while she was waiting for the really slow attendant to finish ringing me up. As Maggie and I walked away, I realized Molly didn't move. I called her name and she startled back to life. She had fallen asleep at the checkout with her head resting on her knees. I will admit that it brought a moment of laughter, but my utter disappointment in their behavior quickly returned. They both knew that they deserved a spanking. They had told me 100 times each that they loved me and that they were sorry. They both took their spankings, had some quiet time in their room and have spent the rest of the evening being fairly well-behaved. I cannot comprehend why they both feel that screaming and whining will solve anything.. It is about to drive me insane.
I have been extremely busy working for Michelle. I have worked three days this week and last week. Molly tolerates being there pretty well. She usually hides behind the wall of t-shirts and watches Cailou on my laptop. Wednesday we went to meet her teachers, which went well. We had Coleman with us and it literally took us 10 minutes to go over all the paperwork. Wednesday evening, I met Melissa at Anchor Park and we took all of the kids for a bike ride. Maggie wants to practice and build up to 11 miles so she can ride around Cades Cove. I think she could do it now if we had a friend with us to keep her motivated.
Thursday afternoon, Anabella came home from school with us and helped keep Maggie entertained at gymnastics. Who knew that the little girl that she met on her very first day of kindergarten would remain her best friend. They play so well together and it doesn't matter how much time passes between their visits, they pick right back up where they left off.
Papaw built Molly a dresser and delivered it on Tuesday.. I love it!! the drawers are nice and deep and we now have plenty of room for all of her clothes.. I just pray that this one doesn't fall on her because I am certain it is heavy enough to crush her.
I almost forgot about last weekend.... Cacki picked the girls up on Saturday morning and took them to the campground for a "camping trip". Molly was beyond excited about it. She started packing on Friday night and you would have thought she was going to be gone for a week. They played on the playgrounds, ate ice cream, went swimming, rode around Cades Cove.. Those are priceless memories and I am so thankful that they go to do that with Cacki and Grandbob. Mike and I talked about coming up on Sunday, but we decided to go to Tanger Outlets instead and I am so glad that we didn't intrude on their getaway. I remember countless weekends camping with my grandparents and loving every minute of it. There is something about being at a campground and the freedom that comes with it. After a fun weekend with the girls, Cacki came home and had her dreaded gum surgery and has been recovering the rest of the week. Hopefully she will be back up to full speed soon.
I have added a button on the right hand side of my blog... All I can say is I dare you to click on it :-). Be prepared to have your heart broken!!! A young girl from Brentwood went to Ugnada right after she graduated and only intended to stay one year and then return to go to college, but God had much different plans for her life. She is now 20 years old and is raising 13 little girls and feeds over 330 more kids each day at her house. Her blog has moved me to tears with each and every post and it makes me sick to think of the amount of waste we have in this country when she is fighting to save two little kids as I type this that have NO food!!! I hope that one day and I can go to a country like that and love on the orphans..
No comments:
Post a Comment