I wanted more than anything to crawl back into bed, but there was so much to do in order to get ready for our after school pool party for all of our Pep Mom friends. I cannot begin to imagine my life without all of those great moms... I finished painting the cabinets, cleaned, colored my hair, cleaned some more, etc.. I let Molly sleep as late as I could, but I finally had to get in the shower at 9:00.. When I went in the bedroom, she had covered her head with a sheet as if she was trying to pretend it wasn't daylight. She woke up the second she heard me open the door and she pulled back the sheet to reveal her sweat covered hair!! She quickly agreed to take a shower since she was wet and miserable. We ran to Home Depot to get more hinges since the first ones were not right (and the second ones are not either). We came home and tried to put the doors on with no luck. I never dreamed matching hinges would be so difficult. An advertiser called and said he couldn't look at his ad, so I had to run to a fax machine (Erica's house) to get the ad over to him ASAP. Molly decided she didn't want to come home with me. She wanted to stay and get Sydney and Brandon off the bus. I came back home and finished up my projects before everyone arrived.
12:05 rolled around and I realized I had forgotten to watch for Maggie's bus. I quickly realized that I was crazy for thinking it would be on time. Due to all of the construction, the bus was about 15 minutes late. She got off the bus and was all smiles. I got a thumbs up from down the street and I knew her day had been great. She was excited to tell me about the kids she knew in her class and all the fun stuff they did (like taking a tour of the school). She loves her teacher and nothing could make me happier!!
All of our friends started arriving around 1:00. We had Erica, Melissa, Julie, Christy, Kerry, Ginny & Felicia over for a back to school swim party. The kids were all excited and in the best moods. There were 16 kids in the pool and it was filled with splashing, laughter and tons of fun. They played hard until about 5:00.
Maggie and Molly have decided that sleeping together is better than sleeping alone. We'll see if Molly gets the hang of staying in her bed all night long :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment