Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Summer Break: Day 9

Yuck!! That is the best word to describe this day (for me).. I woke up this morning feeling very uneasy. Couldn't put my finger on exactly what was wrong. We quickly got ready so we could be at Michelle's before she left for tennis. The longer I worked, the worse I felt. The urge to go pee was always there and it was painful.. Then there was blood!! With a 62 mile ride in the future, there is no time to waste.. Bubba had taken Maggie and Molly to the movies with him this morning, so I called to see if he could keep them while I went to the doctor. A simple urine sample was all they needed to diagnose me with  a SEVERE infection. She said that my white and red blood count was out of whack and I had protein and a clot in my urine!! GREAT... They gave me a strong antibiotic and told me to use my best judgement about riding.. We shall see what Saturday brings :-)

The girls never missed me.. They enjoyed a movie, lunch at Chik-Fil-A, shopping and were swimming in the pool with cousins when I got home. It's funny how many people see your kids when you are not with them. They were spotted at the movies and at lunch and I heard about it on facebook :-)

No comments: