Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Ooops, who knows what day we are on

It was bound to happen.. Who was I kidding when I thought I could update every day, all summer long? I was doing great and the next thing I know, I am almost a week behind!! I figure there is no better time to update since it is pouring down rain and there is thunder and lightning all around.. There's five children in my house, but it is exceptionally quiet!! Time to catch up...

Friday... Stephanie watched the girls so Mike and I could go to the Team Pegasus Dinner at Beverly's. We had a great time and the food was delicious. Afterwards we got to hang out with Stephanie for a little while.

Saturday was a day I will not soon forget. Dad and I both managed to ride 66 miles in the Tour de Cure even though we both were on an antibiotic. The ride was awesome...and a bit more of a challenge!! It took us a total of 5 hours and 10 minutes to complete it and we had an amazing cheering crowd waiting for us when we got back. I was so happy to see Mike and the girls!! Shortly after we got our bikes loaded, we were surprised by the Pack Family. They made the drive out to Lenoir City to cheer us on.. Later that evening, we hosted Coleman's 4th birthday party at our house. We had the best evening.. There were 13 kids in the pool at any given moment, yummy food, great conversation and lots of laughs.. It was the perfect ending to an amazing day.

Sunday we skipped church and headed to the mountains to see Robin and the kids.. We were suppose to meet the Pack's for a hike, but they got too late of a start, so we went to Abrams Falls without them. Molly did her first long hike and she did a great job. I only carried her about 10% of the time (mostly uphill). We ran into the Pack Rats on the way out from the falls and they stopped by the campground on their way home. We didn't get home until 10:30. 

Monday was the start of VBS. Molly was so excited that she was finally old enough to go. Their theme is super heros and the girls loved it!! After we picked the kids up, everyone came over to swim including Kerry and Christy Robson. It was great to see Kerry. She will be having her surgery on Thursday. I cannot imagine what she is going through emotionally. 

Tuesday...the kids went back to VBS (including Meghan). I picked up the Hatch kids and swimming was on the agenda. Kim & Erica came over to join us.

Wednesday...VBS...I brought the McCay kids home with us and they have had a blast playing despite the storms.. 

No comments: