Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Our God Is An Awesome God!!


Today was Molly's last day of preschool.... that means she only had one more year left :-(. I am so thankful that I made the switch to FCB. I love that school and I think she has learned so much this year. She is growing up so fast and she guarantees a good laugh when she is around. Cacki met us at the home around 8:00 so she could ride to school with us. Of course, I had completely forgotten to purchase teacher gifts, so I had planned to go on the way to school. However, time didn't allow. I had packed Molly's lunch because we had to guess/pay in advance how many days we would be leaving them for lunch this month and I had one more credit. I knew I would need as much time as possible to get ready for my next print cycle. Molly had totally different plans for her day. She threw her lunch box out of the car and refused to stay for lunch. She wanted Cacki to pick her up at 11:30 and she would plan the rest of their day moment by moment. At one point they were coming home to jump and the next she was at Cacki's house and wanted to spend the night until she found out she had friends at home playing without her. She is a mess, a good mess. She is just like her mommy.. I have always been afraid I would miss out on something and I am still to this day!! 

After I picked Maggie up from school, I took her to get her icee that I have been promising her for days. She deserved it... she made a 100% on her last social studies test. We stopped by the Honda dealership only to leave with that feeling of frustration that they are so big and have no care for their customers (I knew that when I bought the can from them). They told me I would have to put the van in the shop and pay $60 to find out what is wrong with both sliding doors. Not the answer I wanted. I simply wanted someone to predict what they thought was wrong with them because I am sure I am not the first Odyssey driver that has had their doors act up and then give me a good guesstimate on what it would cost to fix it. 

Maggie and I headed home, put on comfy clothes and she jumped while I started spreading mulch. The McCay's and the Pack's came over to play. It really made me look forward to the days of summer :-). I love being surrounded by friends and the laughter/screaming of the kids when they are having so much fun and making memories. 

Mike watched our kids and the McCay kids (thanks Mike) while Melissa and I squeezed in a 16 mile bike ride with my Dad. It was Melissa's first long ride on a road bike and I have never laughed so much.. She had on regular shorts and complained from about mile 3 on about her crotch hurting. There is no pain like it and I know exactly what she was feeling because I went through the same thing in my training. She had us laughing so hard at one point that Dad nearly choked on his drink. It was a fun ride!!

Today Molly and I will be working at Michelle's!! This is the last day for a while since she will be leaving on vacation. It works out well to have the first week of summer break off with the kids. I finally broke down today and emailed the photographer that I was helping and explained to him that I would no longer be able to promote his new package. I have spent hours eating good food, listening to him talk, etc all for $8.00 and a $25 gift card. It was just not worth my time.


No comments: