Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

I could not have asked for a better Mother's Day... We woke up to sunshine instead of rain :-)!! We met Cacki and Grandbob at church for the early service. It was their first visit to Two Rivers and they both seemed to really enjoy it. It was also our first time to visit the first hour service.. There is something nice about getting up and going early and then having the rest of the day to enjoy.. After church, we enjoyed a delicious lunch at Olive Garden. The girls convinced Cacki to stop by the house to see them jump on the trampoline!! It's hard to tell Maggie and Molly no.. The sun was shining bright and it was HOT!! After they left to seek cooler temperatures, I loaded my bike in the van and went on a 23 mile bike ride. We made it back just in time to clean up and meet my family at O'Charley's for an early dinner. We stopped by Granny & Papaw's for some homemade banana pudding and let the kids play for a little while before bringing them home to prepare for school.. I now have a nice t-shirt from Maggie, Molly and Daddy that has bikes tied to the back of a car that says Family Ties and a pair of socks and a CamelBak backpack from Cacki and Grandbob.. 

Here I go again..trying to remember what the week consisted of.. 

Sunday was church...

Monday we had gymnastics...

Tuesday we got the carpet cleaned!! What an amazing job they did. Our carpet that I felt sure was ruined looks great!! Now the question is, how long will it last? We also had a playdate with the Boggs' girls. They all came over and enjoyed jumping on the trampoline and playing inside despite the wet carpet. Papaw & I went on a 25 mile bike ride. Afterwards, Molly convinced him to let her spend the night and take her to Cacki's on the way to work the next morning. I went with Erica & Melissa to see Confessions of a Shopaholic at 10:20. I was exhausted!!

Wednesday, Cacki watched Molly so I could work at Michelle's. I pressed 50 shirts!! I picked Molly up just in time to rush home and find Maggie waiting at the garage door on the verge of panic.. We rushed back out the door for gymnastics and then dinner at McCallisters.

Thursday I worked on the Kids' Directory while Molly was at school. 

Friday, Molly and I went to Sydney's school to watch their Laura Ingles Wilder program. There was a huge storm!! Then we went to Michelle's and I pressed 54 t-shirts!! We had dinner with Granny & Papaw at Cracker Barrell. The girls begged to spend the night despite the fact they were both exhausted. Mike and I went to see Star Trek and I ended up being the only girl out with 6 guys!! Mike enjoyed a beer with the guys at Irish Times and I went home and crawled into bed. It was the first time I have gone to bed alone in this house. I didn't have my sweet girls to snuggle with and make me feel safe. 

Saturday was Meghan's party at ChuckECheese. The kids had a blast running around and playing. Meghan accidentally pulled her cake off on the floor :-(.. We visited at Granny's for a little while after the party, but I was so tired all I wanted to do was go home and nap - which I did!! I managed to get a good little nap in while the girls' worked on a Mother's Day book for me. We spent the rest of the day around the house, playing outside in between rain showers. 

I have got to be better about updates. I know that the girls have had some really funny moments this week, but I cannot remember them..  This is my last week to train. I will be riding 62 miles on Saturday.. 

No comments: