Sunday, March 22, 2009

A Smokin' View


Spring Break went by way too fast and I am very sad that Maggie has to return to school tomorrow. She is excited to go back and see her friends and I am sure she will have lots of stories to share with them. Monday - Wednesday, we hung out with Granny, shopped and enjoyed the beautiful weather. I am glad that Granny was able to take some time off work. We hung out at the park one day with the Pack's so the kids and the dogs could have a playdate. We ran into Molly's friend Audrey and Maggie's friend Sydney Kate while we were there. Maddie spent the night with us on Tuesday night which made Maggie and Molly very excited. I am so thankful that Molly gets along so well with Maggie's friends. I dread the day when they get too old and too cool to hang out with her.. Mike took care of all three girls that night so I could go out with friends for a MNO. We tried out the new Cafe 4 in Market Square which was fun. We also rushed off to see Twilight for the second time. Luckily it's at the dollar theater. I got home at midnight to find Mike and Maddie still awake watching Tom & Jerry. 

We checked into our cabin on Thursday afternoon in Pigeon Forge for three nights of relaxation and lots of conversation and laughter. Maggie and Ethan really play well together and if you ask either one of them if they were having fun together, you would get a quick no way!! Molly took to Grace and they played with their American Girl dolls. Maggie also loved playing with Hannah. There was no fussing or fighting which was nice. We didn't get great sleep, but we enjoyed the food and hot tub a lot!! Friday we hung out at the cabin soaking up the sunlight from the driveway most of the day. Then we took the kids swimming for a couple of hours. Saturday we went to Cades Cove and had a picnic lunch and let the kids splash around in the creek. This time Molly fell in and got wet. It was fun to get away, but it's always nice to get home. I look forward to my bed tonight. 

Tomorrow will be a cruel reality when we hear the alarm at 6:30. There will be some great pictures coming when I get them from Felicia!!

No comments: