The week has gotten away from me again.. I am starting to notice that my life seems to slow down in the winter. Not in a good way though, more of a it's to cold to do anything, so let's stay inside and be consumed by tv and internet.. I am not a fan of winter and I would totally be okay living in a place where it never gets cold. This morning started off decent outside and it dropped quickly. As usual, it's time for me to deliver directories, so it is once again raining all week long. I have totally been able to break my new rain jacket in. Unfortunately, rain jackets aren't very warm.. This month I do not have anyone helping with deliveries, so that adds extra time for me to play in the freezing rain - yippeee!!
Molly has battled with a little cold since Friday. She seems to be almost over it, but it's not like it even slowed her down.
Maggie and Molly spent the night Saturday night with Granny & Papaw and gave Mike and I a chance to go on a date that turned into a double date. The Regal theater was sold out, so we rushed over to Carmike just in time to see ..... The movie was awesome.
Anabella was suppose to go to church with us on Sunday to make going to class a little easier for Maggie, but when we got there to pick her up, Julianna had completely forgotten to call me and tell me they had other plans. Maggie was crushed. I tried to encourage her and make the best of the situation, but she wasn't seeing anything positive about it. They nearly had to pull her off my arm to take her to class, but it was a different story when we picked her up. I have to say I am really glad because Mike and I LOVE the church (I love the church, I am pretty sure Mike loves it).. Maggie was hesitant to tell us she liked it, but she did see a friend from gymnastics (whom she adores) and then she got to talk to her after church. That was just what it took for her to drop her guard and admit that she really likes the church and she even told Cacki today that she loved it. That makes me so happy!! The funny thing is another mom introduced Maggie to her daughter because they were just visiting as well. Maggie said hi, but acted like her normal shy self.. When we walked away, she told us that the little girl rides the same bus (that she rode for a whopping 1 week). She also told us that the little girl that wiped her nose on her pants lived in our neighborhood. How did she leave that little detail out when it happened.. She's a funny kid!!
Mike will be going on another plant tour tomorrow. Maggie cried herself to sleep at the thought that he will be gone.. I tried to convince her that there have been many times that he has gone to a movie after work and that she has gone to bed without seeing him and that tomorrow will be no different.
No comments:
Post a Comment