Thursday, November 13, 2008

It's Painful Being Me!!

Molly and I picked Papaw up at the tire store this morning and he got the pleasure of seeing me drop Molly off at school. She jumped right out of the car and ran toward the school until the lady that helped her out of the car called her down for running. Luckily, she didn't get in trouble any more during the day. I taught Junior Achievements in Maggie's class and the topic was taxes. I asked the kids if they had ever heard their parents talk about taxes and one little boy raised his hand. He said, "Yeah, my parents keep talking about how much Obama is going to raise our taxes!!". I couldn't help but to laugh!!  I had to give all of the kids $5 pretend dollars and after the excitement of "getting paid" for their jobs, I collected $2 for their taxes and all of the kids were very disappointed. It was cute to see their reaction. As I was leaving, one little boy told me that he was hoping to be in Maggie's class again next year so that I could teach him Junior Achievement again.. It warmed my heart that they actually enjoy what I am doing and they don't think I am a complete idiot standing up there!!

Maggie wanted me to come back for lunch, but I couldn't force myself to get back out in the cold, wet weather. I was actually getting ready to take a nap when I guy called me back and told me that a bike that I was wanting for Maggie for Christmas was still available. I picked Dad up since he is the bike expert and he went with me. He ended up buying it for her and is saving it for Christmas. It is a Gary Fisher mountain bike, which is a great bike. It is in excellent condition!! The bike has gears on it, so now she won't have to pedal so fast in order to keep up!! We may actually be able to ride Cades Cove with her next spring!! I am so excited. After we got the bike, we took Papaw back home and then we ended up putting Granny's Christmas tree up for her. Molly had the best time helping. We had a wonderful afternoon.. 

As we were heading home, I talked to Melissa and they invited us to join them at Pimento's for dinner. I had to run Miley home, so I pulled in the garage and ran her upstairs. If only Molly had stayed in the car...If only she had gotten back in her seat and buckled...If only she didn't scream about everything!! I jumped in the car, started it, pushed the button to close her door and she instantly started screaming. It wasn't a fit scream-it was more like something was wrong. I looked back and realized she was just being silly, so while looking back over my shoulder, I proceeded to back out of the garage... BIG MISTAKE.. Molly screamed, but it was two seconds too late. I heard "Mommy, your door isn't"......crash. I had backed out of the garage with the door open. I have done some really stupid things in my life, but this one beats all others!! I got out and instantly realized that I had bent the door so bad that it wouldn't shut. I was furious with myself. This comes at a time when I have no excess money.. I have Christmas presents to buy and teeth that need to be worked on... I do not need the worry of paying to have my car fixed. Dad came over and was able to straighten the door enough to get it shut, but there is still a big gap that air will come in and we had to duct tape the window up.. Why do I have to be such an idiot!! It is truly painful being me!!

Off to bed I go... maybe I will wake up and find it all to be a dream. I am thankful that it was my door and not a child!! I can get my door fixed.

No comments: