Fall Festival 2006
Fall Festival 2008
After being spolied by beautiful weather, reality of fall is in full force.. Friday was a wet, rainy day and we spent it playing at Sprout Studio with Cacki. There's no better place to be on a rainy day then surrounded by toys that aren't ours.. She never gets tired of that place.
Saturday was the fall festival at Maggie's school and we got there around 11:30. I was determined to have the car loaded and ready to head to the mountains before we went, which slowed us down a little. It was not only cold, but it was windy and it a little uncomfortable. The girls only did a few things on the craft side and they never made it to the games. Maggie's singing performance was wonderful and for some reason, Maggie felt the need to stand through most of it with her arms crossed. I wasn't able to get her to zip her jacket, so she struggled to keep it on her shoulders.. There's no doubt about it...she hates being in the spotlight!!
We headed to Townsend as soon as we got finished at the festival. Judy's cabin is beautiful (not that I would expect anything less from her). The kids had a blast playing (and screaming). We took a short hike around a trail behind the cabin and the kids loved being the leader. We had a yummy steak dinner thanks to Jerry & Jenny!! We played a great game of Scrabble before dinner. I took the girls to bed at 9:00 and I fell asleep before they quit bickering. Everyone else watched Get Smart until they fell asleep one by one on the couch.. This morning, we headed to Metcalf Bottoms to hike the Sisters Walker Cabin trail.. It was 1.1 miles long and Molly made it the whole way on her own going to the house, but we had to pack her most of the way back to the car because she accidentally peed on her pants while Daddy was helping her pee in the woods!! She was very disgruntled about having wet pants and I couldn't blame her..










We will all be crawling into bed very early tonight!!
No comments:
Post a Comment