Thursday, July 24, 2008

Only Six for One More Day :-(

Yesterday was spent cleaning....the never ending process!! Cleaning is a problem for someone that cannot stay on task. It started with walking into Maggie's room to find all of the clothes they had played dress-up in tucked away in her closet floor. We began hanging and folding clothes, which lead to the overflowing pile of stuffed animals all over the floor. I did manage to get Maggie to agree to donating one garbage bag full of stuffed animals to goodwill. Then there was the mess on my dresser.. The laundry...The dishes....Stains on the carpet...Sweeping the pool...Sounds like normal house cleaning, but my problem is I can't completely finish one task before heading on to another and then back to something else. Oh yeah, I forgot that Maggie's party was the next day and I needed goody bag stuff!! Some days there's just not enough of me and today was one of those. To add to the problem my neck/back was stiff and I was uncomfortable all day!! Cameron came home with us and he is here to help entertain..

Today is a much better day. I feel better, the kids are happier and I am prepared to get everything finished so that Maggie's friends can sleep on the floor without me feeling grossed out!!

I cannot believe that today is my last day to call Maggie a six year old....Where has the time gone? I vividly remember this day seven years ago. We were members at Court South, so I gathered my float and put on my bathing suit and went to the pool for the afternoon. I realized it was my last day of pure freedom. I enjoyed floating on my stomach because I greatly missed laying in that position and in the water was the only place I could get that satisfaction. I remember the shocked look on people's faces when they would ask how much longer I had and I would say "just until midnight".. It was a great feeling. An excitement that I will never forget. I could not wait to meet that beautiful little girl growing inside of me. I remember my Dad warning me that she was much easier to take care of on the inside and that I shouldn't rush things!! Boy, was he ever right!! We went out to dinner that night to celebrate one last child-free dinner!! It was a great day!! I just can't believe it has been seven years already!!

Tonight Maggie will meet a few of her friends at Liza Moz to paint some pottery and then the little girls will come home with us to swim, play, squeal, dance and just be silly little girls!!

No comments: