Yesterday, we spent the morning at the beach and we built an alligator in the sand. Molly still didn't warm up to the ocean and I am starting to think that it's not going to happen this week. Mommy enjoyed some bonding time with Maggie by body surfing on the big waves. She could spend hours out there riding the waves in!!
Okay, so today didn't go as we had hoped. We got up this morning and Bubba & Shelli had no desire to go to the beach, so we tried to figure out something fun and cheap to do... In the meantime, Granny as growing very impatient with the kids begging to go swimming and and the beach, so she took them to the pool. Papaw and I joined her and watched the kids swim for a while until it was time for lunch. When we came back for lunch, I made the decision that I was going to take the girls horseback riding with the assistance of Granny because they will actually let Molly ride double with me and they charge $30 per horse instead of per person.. Unfortunately, they couldn't take us until 3:00. Molly fell asleep on the couch while she was waiting patiently and Maggie was really tired. We fixed her hair in braids to give her a cowgirl look and as soon as we were ready to leave the thunder and dark clouds rolled in. Weather.com said we were under a severe thunderstorm warning and it was due to hit the area at 3:00. I called the owners back and he said that if we wanted to ride in the rain hat he would, but he would rather not and we didn't want to either. We woke the girls up and headed to the mall to be inside before the storm (that never came).. Maggie was a little bummed that she didn't get to go, but I promised her we would before we left. The mall was nothing to brag about.. Papaw couldn't go all the way to Broadway at the Beach to eat at Joe's Crab Shack, so we ate at Zaxby's on the way home. The girls put their bathing suits back on as soon as we got back and they went swimming for a while. I felt so sad for Maggie because Molly still has that willingness to meet new friends and play with strangers and that is very awkward for Maggie. Molly had a blast playing with a little four year old. Maggie kept following close behind two other girls that were there together, but they never paid any attention to her. She really missed having Cameron by her side. We are back in the room now and the kids have their pajamas on and their nightly ice cream cones. Maggie is reading a book and Molly is watching the Letter Factory. I am determined that she will learn her letters or else (no better time then while we are on vacation).. Tomorrow I think we are going to head to Huntington Beach, maybe that will kill the time a little better then sitting around the condo. You know me, I am not one to just sit around!!
No comments:
Post a Comment