We had a really fun weekend.. Friday night, the girls spent the night with Granny and Papaw so Mommy and Daddy could go on a date night with James & Felicia. We met at Smoky Mountain Brewery and enjoyed some yummy appetizers and what was suppose to be Dave Landeo.. We had a reality check that we are officially old - the music was too loud, so we had to leave!!
Saturday morning I got up and went to check on the girls, but they were not happy to see me!! Maggie pouted and Molly told me to go home so she could go play putt-putt. The weather was amazing, so we ended up taking Miley for a walk while the little ones were napping. When they woke up, we took them to Anchor Park to ride bikes before dinner. My girls of course didn't want to come home because Cameron and Meghan were spending the night again, so we all went to Cracker Barrel for dinner and then Mike and I went to the movies. We met Erica and Noel to go see Semi-Pro and I wasn't impressed!!
Saturday morning I got up and went to check on the girls, but they were not happy to see me!! Maggie pouted and Molly told me to go home so she could go play putt-putt. The weather was amazing, so we ended up taking Miley for a walk while the little ones were napping. When they woke up, we took them to Anchor Park to ride bikes before dinner. My girls of course didn't want to come home because Cameron and Meghan were spending the night again, so we all went to Cracker Barrel for dinner and then Mike and I went to the movies. We met Erica and Noel to go see Semi-Pro and I wasn't impressed!!
Sunday we played hookie from church while the ids went with Granny and Papaw. It was another beautiful day. I took Miley for a walk around my parents neighborhood while I waited for them to get home and we made a new friend - Duke, the chocolate lab.. He was so sweet and Cameron and Maggie loved him.. We picked Cacki up at 2:00 to go to the Tennessee Theater to see Mary Poppins the Sing Along. Erica and Sydney met us there and we thought that would help encourage Maggie to sing since she would have a friend (that loves to perform), but neither of them sang a single song. The girls enjoyed the movie. Molly only made it through about an hour of it before she crashed in Cacki's arms. It was priceless to look over and see her sacked out and Cacki's head laying over on Molly while she cat-napped, too. I know Cacki cherishes those tender moments. One memory I will NEVER forget about Cacki and her ability to sit and be still (something I am not good at) was when Maggie was three months old and she had spots all over her that were very painful. She was miserable and required being held constantly. Cacki came over and sat on the couch and held her for what seemed like hours (maybe it was only two hours) while she slept. Maggie was so peaceful in her arms. After the movie, we took everyone home, and we stopped for pizza.
Tuesday....it rained and it rained some more!! Cacki picked Maggie up from school and took her home with her to play for a couple of hours. Mike picked her up on his way home.
Today, was Molly's picture day at school. She was the cutest kid in her class (okay, I may be a little bias).. I went with Melissa to show her all of the places I deliver in Oak Ridge. She is going to start delivering that area for me. I am so excited to have someone I know and trust!! I picked the girls up from school and we have been at home the rest of the day. Maggie is learning to count change. Why is it the simple things in life are so hard to teach.. I remember feeling the same way with potty training - what can be so hard to get?? She is finally getting it, but we'll see when she takes her test!! She took her next A.R. test today in the library and she got 5 out of 5 right!! That's my girl - show that librarian!!
Tomorrow is my first day to have NOTHING planned (except soccer tomorrow night)!! I need a day to just chill out. Maggie just ask me if we could clean the whole house tomorrow when she gets home. If I actually thought she could stay on task and help, I would let her skip school to get that accomplished. The truancy officer has nothing to worry about because she can't even clean her own room!!
Today, was Molly's picture day at school. She was the cutest kid in her class (okay, I may be a little bias).. I went with Melissa to show her all of the places I deliver in Oak Ridge. She is going to start delivering that area for me. I am so excited to have someone I know and trust!! I picked the girls up from school and we have been at home the rest of the day. Maggie is learning to count change. Why is it the simple things in life are so hard to teach.. I remember feeling the same way with potty training - what can be so hard to get?? She is finally getting it, but we'll see when she takes her test!! She took her next A.R. test today in the library and she got 5 out of 5 right!! That's my girl - show that librarian!!
No comments:
Post a Comment