Sorry I am so far behind.. It has taken me days to come back to the living after traveling to Dallas for two long days. I have no clue how people that travel daily for their business survive.. We haven't had too much excitement this week. Maggie started soccer practice on Monday and she seems to have a great little team. Coach Paul will be leading the Shooting Starts to a great season (we hope).. He has twin, second grade daughters on the team. Paul told me when we first spoke that there were 3 - Hannah's and 1 - Anna on the team, so he was happy to hear that she goes by Maggie. Maggie on the other hand thought it would be neat to have the same name as the others, so she begged me to have them call her Hannah. I explained to her that if one day she wants to officially do that, that would be okay with me (I have to admit that I probably would never switch), but she couldn't just choose one place in her life to be called something other then Maggie. I could see her out on the field and everyone screaming "Hannah" and she would be clueless that they were talking to her. We also had practice on Thursday night and we all nearly froze to death. It seems a bit early to start practicing. March weather is unpredictable, so we may regret signing up solely because of the weather.
Maggie also got invited to the "Pac Party" after lunch yesterday. I must say that I'm not sure what it is, but she said she was spotted picking up trash that didn't belong to her, so she got rewarded for being a good citizen.. She was very excited about it, so I am proud of her.. She had her first run-in with the librarian on Wednesday. As we were leaving school, she had her head down and she said the librarian was really mad at her and screamed at her because she only got 1 out of 5 of her questions right on her A.R. test. Maggie usually make a 4 or 5 out of 5 on the test, but the book was past due, so I read it to her Monday morning and then she didn't take the test until Wednesday. Of course she's not going to do really good on it!! My mommy horns poked out and I was ready to go get a piece of that librarian, but I calmed myself down, asked a few more questions and then just encouraged her to read and reread her new book and go back in there today and make 5 out of 5 and smile the whole time!!
Molly....she has had a rough week. She is so head strong and some days I just feel like she wakes up daring the world to challenge her. Yesterday I took her to Sprout Studio to meet some friends to discuss an upcoming bible study, so I was able to use that as a bribe and she was on best behavior. Her sleep has gotten really bad lately and Wednesday night she woke me up four times. I know for a fact that when she was going to sleep on her own at night that she did much better at sleeping through the night.. That is a challenge I am going to have to face and it will make for a rough several nights.
Tonight, Mike and I are going out with some friends to have dinner and watch a band play... I am excited to have a night out.. I need to have a night in because I cannot get anything done around this house.. Mike has been assigned his duties for tomorrow - TAXES!! I am anxious to know how much we owe :-(
No comments:
Post a Comment