Thursday, February 7, 2008

Mixed Emotions

A few years ago I took Maggie to Julia's birthday party and all of the mom's dropped thier daughters off and came back to pick them up at a set time. I remember thinking "there's no way I will be dropping Maggie off and not hanging around for the party any time soon". Well that time came tonight. I didn't think much of it as the time approached, but when we walked into Chik-Fil-A, the realization hit me that tonight is another mark that she is growing up so fast and there is nothing I can do to slow down the hands of time. Usually Maggie has a very shy and reserved side to her when she first arrives, but not tonight. She walked in very confidently, jumped up beside Annabella and instantly was acting silly and giddy. She was so excited to be going to a "big girl" birthday party where we would be dropping her off. Mike asked her if he could stay and she told him no. She was also very excited that the party included going to the Hannah Montana movie of the concert that we saw. As we waited outside the theater to pick her up, there were a few other parents sitting in their car and they were waiting for their kids. However, their kids weren't there for a party, they had just been dropped off to see the movie. I thought to myself, "before you know it, that will be Maggie". My nieve self has quickly realized that their childhood passes by in an instant. The things I thought would be far off are in front of me in a flash. I just pray that God will prepare me for each phase. It makes my heart ache to think that one day her friends will replace me, but I know that will be the case. God, please prepare me for the day!!

Molly and I had a really fun day today. We started the morning with a little snuggling and cartoons. She went to bed early, so she was awake bright and early. She is usually so sweet when she wakes up. She loves to crawl in bed with me and she wraps her arm around my neck and says "I love you, mommy". Oh, how that melts my heart. If the sun is out, she always says "it's bright light, it's time to get up". If she says that, I know there is no hope in trying to get her back to sleep. Once we got up and moving, we had a few stops to make to finally get my deliveries finished. She was fine with the deliveries because she knew her reward was a trip to Sprout Studio. We played for about an hour and then we went over to the mall to have a goodbye lunch with Granny and Papaw since Granny was leaving for Louisville today. When we got there, we discovered just how sick Granny was and we convinced her that she needed to go to the doctor before she left town. She spent almost three hours at the doctor while they tried to figure out what it was that she had. They even did chest x-rays to rule out pneumonia. The doctor was unsure of what it was, so he gave her a little bit of everything to treat her. I called to check on her at 9:15 and she had just gotten to Lynda's house. She flies out at 7:00 tomorrow.. After Sprout Studio, Molly insisted on going home with Papaw, so I let her. I was able to pick Maggie up, give her a bath, and finish her homework in a peaceful setting. We picked her up after we dropped Maggie off at the party. While we were picking her up, she asked us to call Cacki to see if she could come to her house and bring her pajamas so she could spend the night. Spending the night didn't work out, but she did get to go spend a couple of hours with Cacki while Mommy and Daddy went jean shopping. Mike literally tried on 15 pairs of jeans and finally found a pair that he liked.. Yipppeee!!!

We picked Maggie up at 8:30 and rushed home to get them to bed. Tomorrow morning I am on duty for taking Maggie to shcool. Not my favorite thing to do, but we'll manage!!
When my grandpa was alive, I got to see a lot of old black and white photos of family and of the war. I never truly appreciated those photograhs until now. Oh, how I long to just have one more chance to look through them with him here to narrarate them for me. My Dad's cousin Alma emailed this picture to him and it is the first time I have ever seen my great-grandma. She would have been my Dad's grandma on his mother's side. Her name was Molly!! She is the lady on the second row in the middle. I think this picture was taken around 1898..

Sorry for any spelling errors. Spell check isn't wroking!!

No comments: