Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Election Day Fun!!



Monday was an extremely hectic day. I got up at 6:00 to run to the church to pick up a number for preschool registration. The lady got there at 4:00 and 57 crazy mom's got there before me by 6:00 to get a number. I rushed back home, got Maggie ready for school and out the door. Then I tried to squeeze in 30 more minutes of sleep before I started the race of getting myself and Molly ready. I dropped her off at 8:30 and went to discover the nightmare system that First Concord Baptist has for registration. It was 9:40 when I finally got finished. I had to get Oak Ridge delivered, so I trudged through the pouring rain to get all of the books delivered over there. It rained on Monday like I haven't seen in a very long time. The reality also kicked in that next week is print week, so the panic of how many ads I needed to sell hit me. Not to mention that I still needed to go to the store to get stuff for our overnight adventure and pack for it. Oh yeah, and most imporantly it was Mom's birthday. Happy Birthday, Mom!! I rushed around all day and managed to get everything done.We had dinner with my parents to celebrate Mom's birthday. She is leaving for Puerto Rico on Friday, so shopping for a gift was easy...cash!! I felt bad rushing out right after we ate, but I knew we needed to get on the road by 7:00 if the kids were going to get to swim before bed. Erica picked me up at my house and Christi met us here, too, so she could follow us up. We pulled out of the driveway at 6:50 and we got a call from Melissat at 7:25 saying they were five minutes away from her timeshare in Gatlinburg. They had left Knoxville at 3:30ish. I could not believe they weren't there already. We arrived at 8:00 and Melissa was amazed at how fast we made it. We didn't stop at the outlet malls or for dinner, so that made a huge difference.
Once we got in and settled, we dealyed going to the pool as long as possible, but the troops were determined to swim. We had five Mom's and 13 childre (18 total bodies) in a three bedroom townhouse. We had a blast. All of the kids got along great and they were all so well behaved. No major fits of any sort. We let them swim from about 9:00 - 10:15 and then we brought them back and put them to bed. It was 11:00 before they all crashed and Molly was still ticking at 11:30. That child will be the death of this mom that needs sleep!! I came downstairs to find Melissa and Erica make pigs in a blanket for a bedtime snack.. We attempted to watch High School Musical, but I couldn't take any more around 12:30 and we all went to bed. Our sleeping arrangements worked out pretty good. Erica, Molly and I slept in the king size bed. Maggie, Maddie, Hailee & Sydney slept in their sleeping bags at the foot of our bed. Melissa and Christi slept in twin beds with Colelman, Lainey & Garrett in their room. Then Felicia got a room to herself with Grace and Hannah. The boys slept on the pullout sofa.


All went great until Maggie woke me up at 7:30 - give me a break!! I tried to get her to go back to sleep, but no luck. Then she woke up Molly, so I was hopeless at that point. I took them down for breakfast at that point and was surprised by how many of the kids were awake already. We finally made it to the pool around 11:00 and Dad arrived with Cameron around 11:15. The weather was unbelievable. It was 75 degrees here today - my kind of weather!! We sat outside while the kids enjoyed swimming. The pool in a combined indoor/outdoor pool. We hung out there until 2:30 and then we came back and got the kids bathed and headed home around 3:30. We rode home with Dad and I literally couldn't keep my eyes open. Molly fell asleep, but Maggie tried to put her head back up and she poked her in the eye and she was awake the rest of the ride. It is now 7:00 and they are both in bed. Maggie is asleep and Mike is still working on Molly.

I knew it was coming, but it has officially hit me - I'm worn out!! After spending two nights over the weekend with my dearest friends that like to stay up late and then last night, my body is ready for a long night's sleep. I got in bed with Maggie at 6:45, but Miley didn't approve. Mike is still trying to get Molly to sleep and as soon as he does he will be on dog duty and I will be in bed..

No comments: