Thursday, January 31, 2008

One Exhausting Week...

Yesterday was a crazy day to say the least. I do not get exhausted often, but by 8:30 last night I was completely spent!! I got up with Maggie and got her ready and out the door. I then got myself ready, followed by Molly.. We rushed out the door at 8:00 so I could stop by the grocery on the way to preschool to pick up something to fix for Bible Study.. I dropped Molly of at 8:30 and rushed home to bake some little ham filled biscuits bites. Erica met me at my house because I didn't have a mini-muffin pan. I pulled them out of the oven at 9:25 and we needed to be at Carrie's at 9:30. Bible Study lasted until 12:00 and then I hit the roards trying to get as much delivering done as possible. I cherish the days I can start at 8:30 and work until 2:30. Delivering over several broken days wears me out. I picked Molly up at 2:30 and then Maggie at 2:45. We stopped by HalMark to get Natalie a Webkinz as a get well/late birthday gift. We finally got to her house at 3:15 where I finally got to sit down for a couple of hours!! What a relief it was to just sit, chat and veg out.. We left there at 5:15 and met Mike at home where I whipped up a quick breakfast for dinner kind of meal. While I was cooking, Maggie was working on homework. Practically as soon as we were finished eating, bedtime was staring at us.. I hate evenings like that when you feel like there was no time to "play". While Mike got Maggie to bed, I took Molly downstairs and we practiced writing her name. She was able to do the M-O-L-L, but we couldn't master the "y". She seems to be just as eager about learning as Maggie is. Could I be that lucky?
I brought her back upstairs at 8:30 and we crawled into my bed to watch a My Little Pony movie, but I was exhausted by the time it was over and of course with it being a preschool day, she still had plenty of energy. Mike ended up getting her to bed while I crashed!! It was a rough night. Molly came into my bed at 12:30 and to my surprise, Maggie was already in bed with me. Maggie woke up with a leg ache at 3:30, so I went to get her medicine and put Molly back in her bed. Then Molly woke up again around 6:00. I was able to get her back to sleep before I had to get Maggie up.. Yuck - I hate nights like that!!

We went over to visit with my Dad this morning for a little while. He seems to be doing a little bit better. Miley was so excited to see him. I never dreamed that my Dad could truly love a lap dog, but he is in love with Miley.. She is definitely a granddog to him!! Then we met Erica around noon to go over to Maryville to deliver my directories. She agreed to ride and keep me and Molly company becasue she had a coupon for a free cup of coffee. Her coffee was yummy and mine was yucky!! That's okay though because I'm not a huge coffee drinker. My favorite is Hazelnut Creamer with a splash of coffee :-).. We also got to check out the new consigment store over there. They have a lot of cute homemade things in their store. We made it back home with no time to spare. I was actually five minutes later arriving at Maggie's school then I usually am. Maggie and Hailee had cooked up a playdate for this afternoon because she wanted to show Maggie her new bunk beds. Of course, Maggie decided she wanted bunkbeds, too. I told her she would really have to prove that she can start sleeping in her bed because it wouldn't be safe for her to sleep on the top bunk and try to get down in the middle of the night. We're safe there, she won't give up sleeping with me to get a new bed!! When we left the Abney's house, we grabbed some pizza and then came home to do the usual nighttime stuff. Mike got a hall pass to enjoy a quiet night since he will be on duty the rest of the weekend.

I will be leaving tomorrow around 3:30.. I am so excited. I need a quiet, relaxful weekend.. Okay, so it won't be quiet and not really relaxing, but it will be fun!! Maggie may get to have Julia over to spend the night. Mike will have his hands full with three girls.. He may be volunteering to go get snipped by the time I get home!!

1 comment:

Toni said...

It was fun to read this post, but now I feel like *I* need a rest, lol. Followed you over from Ashley's Place.
Blessings,
~Toni~