Saturday, January 12, 2008

Maggie's First Slumber Party

The sleepover was a hit. Well, if you ask Maggie to give it a thumbs up or down, she says it was in the middle. The afternoon started off rough for her. She came home on and excited high from being picked up at school by Cacki. She had taken her to the store to get a prize for her good grades and she had picked out a new Barbie that came with a dog and some puppies. She arrived home to find two wild little people (Molly and Meghan) waiting to play with her new prize. She refused to share, was unhappy to see all of us and flat out was rude about it. Going to the extreme of slamming the door shut, which she knows is a major no-no!! It was the only time I have ever seen her totally ignore the fact that Cameron was in the same house as her. She was miserable to say the least. Slamming the door was the final straw for me, so I took her to the back and gave her the option of a spanking or missing the sleepover. She chose the spanking in hopes that it would be easy. Of course, Cacki was still there to make everything all better after the punishment had been given. She ended up going into Maggie's room and getting her to sleep for me because I knew there was no way she would survive a sleepover as tired as she was. I ended up waking her up when I went into her room at 5:15 and it is a good thing I did. It took us 45 minutes to get her fully awake without any more tears. We made an agreement that waking up in the warm bath water would be the best option because she needed a bath before she could go. We made it to the party at 6:15 and she was extremely nervous. I was very proud of the way she handled herself and her willingness to stay. I am not sure I would have been that brave at age 6. She only knew the birthday girl, the rest of the girls were not in her class. She clung to me at first, but when I attempted to dance to lighten the mood for her, she was instantly embarrassed and ready for me to leave..

Mike and I went to dinner at the new Smoky Mountain Brewery with Jerry & Jenny and I kept my phone close because in the back of my mind I really thought I might get a call from Melanie. Mike picked her up at 9:00 this morning and she was on cloud nine when she got home. She had a great time, but apparently as they were trying to go to sleep one of the little girls started telling ghost stories and saying she heard noises. Maggie was totally freaked out and crying, so she said Melanie came in and sat with her until she was calm. Maggie said she won a lot of the games they played and got several prizes. They roasted marshmallows outside, but she wasn't sure what they ate for dinner or breakfast, but it was good she said.

Maggie was excited to come home to a house with no kids. She told her Daddy that she needed some privacy!! That is her special time that she not only wants but needs. She loves being around other people and rarely a day goes by that she doesn't ask for someone to come play, but after so much, she needs to be alone with her favorite toys. She could play for hours all by herself. She would have made a great only child. I left her here while I went to make sure Dad got off to Atlanta okay and then I brought Mom, Molly and Meghan here with me to pick up Maggie so we could go to Sprout Studio. The girls had a great time and mom really enjoyed seeing the new place. I was able to play with my new Ipod Touch while I was there and I just so happen to check my email and I had a message from Cacki, so I emailed her back and told her where we were. She ended up coming by and playing with us for a while to. It all timed out perfect and the girls had so much fun and Granny's house didn't get destroyed!!

We are leaving here soon to go to the McCay's house for dinner!! My kiddo's are exhausted, so I hope all goes well!!

No comments: