Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Sweet Girls

It's moments like the one portrayed in the picture above that just melts my heart. This is simply what my life is all about. Two sweet daughters - sisters - best friends. If I could ever get them to do this on a nightly basis I would love it. Of course the last time they slept together Molly came in to my room before Maggie did and I am quiet certain it had something to do with two little feet waking her up.

The other picture is not a teddy bear in Maggie's bike - that would be Miley. I came outside the other day to find Maggie riding her bike with Miley in the basket- it reminded me of the Wizard of Oz. She assured me she was being extra careful with her. I cannot believe all the things that crazy dog tolerates and actually acts like she enjoys.

Our weekend was rather uneventful. Saturday we went over to Granny and Papaw's to say goodbye to Bear and Macy. I was afraid Maggie would be upset, but she wasn't at all. Molly actually did a little cheer that she could go in the backyard without the dogs. I can only imagine how big those dogs must have been in her eyes. She was usually tough and able to hold her own with them. After the couple left with the dogs, I took Cameron, Meghan and the girls home with me so Dad could finish painting our trim. It is finally finished and it looks awesome. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful Dad.. I hope he knows how much he is loved!! When he got finished, I delivered all four kids back to his house and dropped them off so we could go to Wild Wings with Jerry and Jenny to watch the game. We were never able to get a table, so we came back here to watch the end of the game.

Sunday we went to church and for some reason Maggie has decided she doesn't like going to the children's service. I am not sure what we are going to do. I really wish they would go back to a Sunday school setting. I think it is overwhelming for her. After church we relaxed for a little while and then I took Molly to Papaw so me and Granny could go finish up some Christmas shopping.
Monday, Cacki picked Maggie and Molly up at school. Molly is such an appreciative child. She said to me when I got home "thank you for letting Cacki pick me up". Cacki time is special time for the girls. Erica called and invited us over for chili, so we took her up on the offer. Maggie had been begging all weekend to go to Sydney's house.

Today we went to Granny and Papaw's so Maggie could play with Cameron, but they were no shows.. When we got home, the girls wanted to skip bath time and go straight to bed together. They knew they either had to work it out together or both of them were going to have to go to bed alone since Daddy was at the movies. They managed to fall asleep faster then I thought they would. Molly is so funny. When she goes to sleep alone, she always has to shut her door - who knows why!!
Update on school - Maggie is doing great. What really matters when it comes to parenting is how your children behave when you are not around and Maggie is an angel. Not many parents can say they have a child that has made it through a year and a half of school and only had their card changed once and that was by a substitute (she called for her class on the playground in kindergarten and Maggie didn't hear her - she will probably never forget that). I have so much to be proud of with Maggie. She listens, understands, follows the rules, loves her teacher and seems to get along with everyone. I just pray that she will continue to have a passion for school. I can deal with the rotten behavior at home as long as she knows when to behave. I will admit there are times that I would love to borrow the "school Maggie" when thing are chaotic around here.
Molly is doing great also. I can finally walk her into her classroom, give her hug and kiss and leave without tears. She has made a special bond with Ms. Nancy and she enjoys telling her all the fun stuff she has done since the last time they were together, Ms. Nancy enjoys Molly because she says she can have a "real conversation" with her. A funny story from school - I brought back matching t-shirts from San Francisco that say I "heart" SF. Ms. Nancy kept asking Molly what her shirt said and she would tell her I Love "the bridge". When I picked her up, she just had to know what Molly was saying. Molly cannot say Francisco very well, so she refers to it as the bridge. Only Mommy can translate some things.

No comments: