Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Where has the Time Gone?

I know I have to get caught up before we leave or my next post will be soooo long..

Halloween was great. The weather wasn't as cold as we were expecting it to be, so the girls didn't have to wear their coats and hide their costumes. We just put long sleeves and tights on. Cacki had picked both girls up at school, so she got to see them in costume and we did a practice run at Ron & Wilma's so she could see them in action. The Pack's ended up bringing Brandon over to trick-or-treat which worked out great. Maggie has never had to go alone, but this year Cameron had something he had to do at church. I should rephrase that, she's not alone with Molly, but since she is so much younger, it's just not the same for her. She needs someone her age or older to mkae her brave enough to say trick-or-treat. Molly loves having the older kids to look up to. She wanted to make sure she kept up with them. By the end, we had over two gallon zip-lock bags full of candy. Who eats that much candy?

Thursday was the day I have dreaded for over two years. The big 3-0. Mom was off for the day and we had planned to go out and have a "girl's day" with Molly. Boy did Papaw ever change our plans. He didn't have any work to do, so he came over to work all day on the trim and cabinets. So much for playing all day. I guess in the long run, it was the best thing. I didn't spend any money. I had my hair cut at 4:45, and the girls wanted to go with me. Granny ended up taking them to Chik-Fil-A for dinner while I got my hair chopped.. Then they went home with her so Daddy could take me for my "surprise dinner". Okay, the truth is the secret was out on Monday. I didn't know who was coming, but I knew we were going to the Melting Pot. The whole reservation thing gave that part away. Melissa, Erica, Kelly, Lindsay and Felicia were all there to help me celebrate getting old!! The day wasn't as depressing as I expected. I guess I was too busy to be depressed. Our reservations were at 8:00, so we didn't get home until after midnight. I went over to sleep at Granny's since the girls were there.

Friday was a rough day since Molly didn't sleep well and I was lacking on a lot of sleep. We ended up taking a nap together. It was an uneventful day.

We started our Saturday off with Papaw coming over to work at 8:30. We had to be at the fall festival at school at 11:00. After the festival, Molly went home with Cacki. I had popped her in the mouth earlier for smarting off, so as they were leaving the neighborhood, she told Cacki "now my mommy can't smack me in the mouth". We had to be at a birthday party for Addie at 3:00 at Liza Moz. Then she had to be at Katelyn's party at 6:00 at Chuck-E- Cheese. We finally got home at 8:00.

Sunday I spent babysitting in the nursery for the third week in a row. So much for going to church. Afterwards, we spent the rest of the day outside painting and working on the book case. Papaw is amazing. I wish I had gotten those creative genes from him. Around 6:30 we got a call from Cacki and she was at Fort Sanders. Grandbob had wrecked his bike and was at the emergency room. Cacki was devastated because she has worked so hard to stay healthy and trying to get her foot well so she could watch the girls while we were gone.

After I dropped Molly off at preschool on Monday, I went to the hospital to check on Grandbob. He actually looked better then I was expecting. His eyes were very swollen, but he wasn't bruised up the way I had imagined he would be. He was in good spirits to have a chest tube in both sides for two collapsed lungs. After I left the hospital, I spent the rest of my quiet time trying to get everything I needed for the trip. I think I finally have everyone organized and lined up to take care of the girls while we are gone.

There's no school today. What shall we do? I'll let you know!!

No comments: