Friday, November 23, 2007

Happy Turkey Day!!

The week has gone by relatively fast with Mike at home with us. Tuesday I was at my monthly Pep Mom meeting all morning and then we took the girls to see Mr. Magoreum's Magic Emporeum. It was a great movie!! Molly started off a little restless, but within twenty minutes, she settled into my lap and sat perfectly still the rest of the movie. When it was over, she announced "the movie is over - that was a great movie!! Can we see it again?". Both girls enjoyed it. Afterwards, we took Molly to get her hair trimmed. You can't really call it a hair cut when there's not much there to begin with. My hope is that it will start growing a little faster. She sat so still for the girl cutting her hair. Afterwards she was so proud of it (of course most people would never notice it had been trimmed, but mommy can tell!!). Mike went out to a movie with Jerry Collins when we got finished, so I took the girls to Granny & Papaw's to visit.




Wednesday, we let Maggie skip school and we went to Fantasy of Trees with Cacki. Molly and Maggie both enjoyed sitting on Santa's lap. Molly didn't think she should have to wait to sit on his lap!! They enjoyed going from booth to booth making things. This was the first year that you couldn't skip over something with Molly. I snuck Maggie over to the manicure booth while Molly rode the cars (because let's face it - she has my bad habit of biting her nails). She noticed and of course she wanted her nails painted, too. I managed to somehow put it off long enough that we got away without doing it. They finished up by making a cookie and eating it for lunch!! Wednesday afternoon, Papaw came over to try to finish up the cabinets. He was determined to have them finished before we ate on Thanksgiving (even though we were only having Cacki and Grandbob over and they would not have cared if it wasn't finished).


Thursday was Turkey Day!! We got up early and got started on cooking, cleaning and working on the cabinets!! Dad got them finished about an hour before time to eat.. We ate lunch and then everyone enjoyed just sitting and relaxing. Maggie was a little disappointed in the fact that no kids were coming to be part of our Thanksgiving celebration. I can totally understand.. Then she was determined that one of her grandparents would want to take her home, but she was sad when she had to face the reality that she was stuck with Mommy and Daddy. I guess she is sick of us this week!! Right after Cacki and Grandbob left, we got the Christmas tree out and put it up (Granny's idea- thanks for the help Granny). That cheered both girls up. They had so much fun helping (Molly decided to quit after she got her finger pinched).


Black Friday - even Maggie knew what to call today when she woke up. She said that Mrs. Shedden had talked about it. We didn't get out before daylight and I am thankful for that. Everything I wanted I was able to get after 10:00. Sprouts Studio was having a sneak preview, so I took the girls to check it out. They had a great time after it took about 30 minutes for them to warm up to the place. We did a little more shopping after playing and then headed home to eat dinner. We finally got both of the girls' Christmas trees up. If Maggie asked me once, she asked me a hundred times if we could put her tree up. The girls were both in bed and asleep by 6:00. They were exhausted. Maggie and Molly both need a good night of sleep to prepare them for their big day.. HANNAH MONTANA here we come. Call me brave or stupid - I will be there with 10,000 other crazy people with five screaming (with excitement) kids!!

No comments: