The concert was a huge hit for 5 silly kids!! We left our house around 2:45 and traffic was a little congested right past the agriculture campus, so I followed someone that I could tell knew where they were going and stumbled upon the best parking I could have ever hoped for. I was parked right at an entrance and right beside the Hannah Montana Tour Bus (not sure if it was the real thing, but the kids thought so). We took a picture by the bus and then waited in th
e sea of people to get inside. I had the bright idea that I was going to sneak my camera inside, but sneaking wasn't necessary. Cameras were allowed!! How did one adult manage five kids? You make a train and tell everyone DO NOT let go!! Christina was the leader and she knew her destination was section 319. The funniest part about being outnumbered five to one was the look on the ushers face that was tearing tickets. He kept looking at the kids and then looking at me. I finally realized the thought that was going through his head and assured him that they were not all mine. Once inside, everyone held on tight and there was no breaking our grip on each other. For extra safety, I had tucked a piece of paper in each kids pocket with my cell phone number. You can never be too safe. When we got near our section, we stopped for drinks and popcorn. I have to back up and say that while we were waiting to get inside there was a guy selling cotton candy. Christina was determined we were going to by some right then and I wasn't budging. My first goal was to get to our seats!! Once we got seated, we watched for the cotton candy guy to come by so we could by 5 of them at $4.00 a pop. That is one expensive bag of sugar!! Before we knew it, the Jonas Brothers were on the stage. Before they came out, all these little high pitch screams started and once one girl screamed the whole place was screaming. They had a fan apparently blowing the sheet that was hiding the stage and everyone was sure that was the Jonas Brothers making it move. They put on a good show that lasted a whole 30 minutes. Then the lights came on and we had to wait twenty minutes for Hannah Montana. Once she came on, the show lasted until 6:30. The Jonas Brothers came back out and sang one song with her and then two more by themselves while she changed clothes. I think she changed either 6 or 7 times. Maggie and Annabella seemed to know every word of every song. We ended up having two seats beside us that were empty, so Christi came down with Hailee, but Hailee never really interacted with Maggie or Ann
abella. Cameron pretended to be miserable the whole time, but I think deep down he was having a blast. All in all we had a GREAT time. The only disappointment was that there was no encore and I had told Maggie that she was going to sing I Miss You which was a song she wrote about her Grandpa after he died. Maggie was totally prepared to watch me cry my eyes out!! Thanks Cacki for a fun early Christmas present and for being so sweet to let Maggie take friends with her..
The best part of this with Molly was the fact that everything was so awe-inspiring to her. During the Jonas Brothers, they shined red lights on the audience and she looked at me and asked "how did the people get red?". She noticed so much more then I ever thought she would. The noise didn't bother her, in fact I was afraid she was going to get still enough to go to sleep. She loved watching the kids around her and trying to copy what they were doing. She loved every minute of it and she was so well behaved. 
Maggie loved the concert, too. I am so sad the the sweet innocent stage in her life is gone. She is now so easily embarrassed and it takes her so long to warm up to act like the Maggie I know and love. She finally got into the groove and was belting out the lyrics to every song. She may be like her mom and never be a dancer!! She claps and occasionally throws in a hand movement or two, but that's about it. She even told me earlier that her and Annabella do small hand gestures at school because they are to shy to dance. They had so much fun together and I am glad she was able to share that experience with her. It makes you wonder what it is about certain people that just clicks. It just clicks between the two of them. They understand each other!! Maggie tried her best to stay awake to tell her Daddy about the concert, but she finally fell asleep propped up in her bed. She has had one exhausting fun-filled day!! Molly on the other hand is still fighting sleep as I type!!
No comments:
Post a Comment