Thursday, October 4, 2007

Once A Week Catch Up!!

I am starting to see a trend of making it on here to catch up about once a week. Life is too busy for my comfort level right now. I do not feel like we are ever not on the go. I usually like that, but knowing I have no say in it I guess makes it less fun.

Maggie won her first soccer game. We finally played a team on our level. You could look at the girls before the game started and tell they were more our level. The balloon festival was awesome. We walked over with a couple of families from soccer and my parents. Molly and Meghan enjoyed it the most. The big girls loved the band that was playing when we got there. Everyone had a great time!!

Saturday, me and the girls went with Papaw and Cameron to Cades Cove to ride our bicycles around the loop. Molly rode behind me and Maggie rode the tag along behind Papaw. We saw over 30 deers and lots of turkeys. The girls had a good time, but getting up so early was hard on them. Molly ended up falling asleep after we got past the rest area and her helmet rested in my back the rest of the way. We stopped for ice cream on the way home and the girls loved sitting on the swing licking their ice cream cones. Molly had a first time experience on the way home. She had to pee on the way out of Cades Cove and she was starting to really get fidgety, so we pulled off and she got to pee on the side of the road. She thought that was the greatest thing ever. When we got home, I was hoping for a nap, but that didn't happen. Cameron hung out with us until it was time to take them to Granny and Papaw's so we could go to the Young Life Banquet. While we were there, I got a voicemail and luckily I checked it because one of our couples were late and it turned out to be Cathy. They were in Atlanta trying to find out where their car was. It was in their garage because Mike thought they were suppose to be home on Sunday. We picked them up and took them home at 10:45.

Sunday, we went to church and as always it was so frustrating that it makes me wonder why we even go. Molly threw a fit and sat on the curb refusing to ride in her car seat. I have resorted to driving wherever we go so Molly won't scream that she wants mommy to drive. It's insane how much control we have relinquished to a two year old. I could just cry and scream at times (okay, so I do). After church Cacki and Grandbob came to meet Miley and to see the girls after their three week adventure. The girls really missed them. Maggie got a cute pair of Greek earrings and she loves them. She hasn't changed earrings all week and that is unusual. Mom and Dad came over later to help Mike hang the new television he ordered for upstairs. It has been a hit with the kids.

Monday, we had soccer practice. Mike took them while I went to Kelly's for Mom's Night Out. I needed it and they needed the break from me.

Tuesday, we had to take Miley to the vet to get her shots. They weren't going to worm her again, but I asked them to after hearing Cathy's story about Jerri. I don't need the girls getting anything strange from the puppy. On the way to Granny's, Miley threw up all over Maggie. Bless her heart. She was a trooper about it. I threw back some kleenex and she cleaned it all up. We hung out with my parents while Mike had Guys Night Out. He went with Danny to see Good Luck Chuck again. That's the movie we saw at the premier. I allowed Molly to try out Maggie booster seat with the back on it. She is about a pound and and inch off from the weight/height on the box, but I just can't struggle the battle of the car seat. It literally ruins my mood. She loved it.

Wednesday - I was able to get Molly up and moving by telling her she could ride in Maggie's seat to school if she would get ready. She walked right in her class and didn't cry. Then we had church. Molly can't do two drop-offs in one day, so she hung out with Granny and Papaw while we went to church. This was our third class and so far we have had transparencies read to us. Not exactly what I was hoping for up to this point.

So far today, Molly and I left the house long enough to go to Anchor Park to walk two miles with Erica and Lola. Miley made it for about a 1/2 mile and then she was worn out. She should sleep good this afternoon. Tonight we are suppose to go to Volunteer Landing to participate in Light the Night. It is a fundraiser for Leukemia and Lymphoma. The girls had a great time despite the rain.

No comments: