Today I signed the Save Tennessee's Summer petition that has been floating around town. The girl that asked me to sign it has been attending the school board meetings and is very in the know about statistics, etc regarding starting school so early. She said that next year they have planned the first day of school to be August 6th then we would be out on the 7th for elections. When are they going to get brave enough to start in July? The petition is in hopes to change the calendar to where we will start the week before Labor Day or right after it and we will go until the first week of June. That would be wonderful. The pool isn't warm enough to enjoy when school lets out in May.
Molly did great dropping her off today at Pep Moms. She started to fuss, but then I told her she could tell her teachers all about her favorite ride at Dollywood and she went right in the door and her mouth never stopped. When I picked her up, she said "did you have fun?". I told her I did and asked her if she had fun and she said "yes!". I hope we are getting through this phase.
Yesterday, I spent the day with my Mom. We rode her motorcycle to the outlets and shopped all morning while the girls were in school. We made it back in time to pick Molly up and she was happy to see Granny with me. Soccer practice went well. I am not sure which girl enjoys going to practice the most. Molly loves getting to play in the green grass - something we do not have at home.
No comments:
Post a Comment