Sunday, September 23, 2007
Long Week
This week has been beyond crazy.. It's safe to say that soccer is overrated. No six year old needs to be involved in something that requires three days per week. Society has gotten so busy that we look at these obligations as "normal". We are there on Monday, Thursday and either Friday or Saturday and one week it is both. That's too much for me. I do not know how parents do it in families that both work. How does anything get done in the family? Don't get me wrong. Soccer is great and Maggie loves it. I just think they put too much into it. I think they should have a few weeks of practice once a week at this age and then let them practice/scrimmage on the same day and let that be it. Maggie is even aware of how busy her schedule is. She told her Daddy today that she wanted to take tennis, but it would have to be on Tuesday night because all of our other days are taken. Wednesday the Abney's came over to play after school. The girls had fun playing outside with Miley and the puppy was worn out after they left. Miley wasn't sure what Garrett was. She played and barked at him a lot. After they left, we rushed around getting ready for church. It was our first Marriage Enrichment class. Due to the lack of volunteers, Jam isn't open right now, so our class was shorter then it was suppose to be. Nursery was a little hard on Molly. She had just started to cry when I picked her up. Maggie had a lot of fun. It was a better experience then the last time we tried the Wednesday night class with her. Thursday was the soccer field. School was out on Friday, so Mike took the day off and we went to the mountains. Mike had picked out the Anthony Creek trail which proved to be too much for the girls. Anything would have been too much for Molly. I had to carry her the whole time which was exhausting. If the circumstances had been different, I think Maggie would have enjoyed it, but since Molly was getting so much attention being carried, Maggie's legs couldn't make it any further. We had packed our lunch, so we ate at the Cades Cove picnic area and then headed home. Molly and Mommy slept the majority of the way. Maggie took a cat nap and she was good to go. We met Erica at 4:30 for High School Musical on Ice as part of Sydney's birthday celebration. Maggie LOVED it!! It was so sweet to sit and watch her stare intently at the skaters and she sang along word for word to the music. I find myself looking at her and wondering how she grew up so fast. Before I know it, Molly will be just like her. On the way home, the girls all proudly sang the Star Spangles Banner and the Fifty Nifty states song. It's amazing to me that she knows all of her states at age 6. Music is a great way to teach. After High School Musical on Ice, I dropped her off at Annabella's for a sleepover. It was Christina's birthday and Annabella was allowed to have one friend over and she chose Maggie, so I hated to disappoint her even though she didn't get there until 9:30. Then I had to turn around and pick her up at 8:00 for soccer. Not much of a sleepover. Saturday we had a soccer game at 8:30. The other team dominated the field, but Maggie had fun and she was a little more involved in the game. She blocked the ball a few times from the goal and got to kick the ball a little. She loves the game and she loves running up and down the field. Everyone was grumpy, so we came home and rested. Maggie watched tv while Molly and I took a nap. Molly ended up sleeping 2 1/2 hours. She was exhausted. We had to be at Maddie's party at 5:00 and it was puppy themed, so Miley went with us. I later regretted taking her because she was handled the whole time. She takes the abuse well. Maddie had a great party. Melissa throws the best parties!! We found out today that our neighborhood was vandalized on Friday night by two young punks. Of course that added to some paranoid thoughts as I tried to go to sleep, so it was 3:00 AM before I fell asleep. I worry about how I would protect both girls by myself if someone were to break in the front door during the night. Sunday we got up for church and then stayed afterwards for lunch. They served the entire congregation Back Yard Burgers. Imagine the bill on that.. They were having their MOMOC celebration. When we got home, Molly and I snuggled into bed for another nap. I am getting spoiled by these naps. I am actually starting to wonder why I am so tired all of the time. When we woke up, we could hear Maggie laughing outside. She was in the pool with Mike. They had been down to play soccer together. The water temperature made it back up to 80 degrees from these warm afternoons. Molly jumped in about three times and decided it was too cold for her. We got dressed and headed over to Granny & Papaws to welcome them back home. I would like to think this week will be a little more calm, but I think that hope is gone until the end of October.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment