Tuesday, May 29, 2007

We Survived Memorial Day Weekend!!

Today is our first official day of summer break!! We survived the weekend, but we are all exhausted. Mike had to work yesterday, which I think Les learned was a bad idea. He only answered a few phone calls all day. Of course that meant today was going to be extremely busy for him. Molly made Sunday a complicated day. She was still running a fever, but no more throwing up or headache. However, every time she took a nap her fever would spike higher then the nap before. When it reached 103.7, I decided it was time to call the doctor. She encouraged me to bring her to Children's since she had complained about her head hurting. I got us both dressed and headed downtown. On the way down there she acted like a different child. She talked and laughed and even told me "I no need doctor, I not sick". When we got out of the van she insisted on walking, so as we approached the door I called my mom for a second opinion. She felt like it was a stomach bug, so we got back in the car and drove home. I am so glad we did because during the night her fever finally broke and she was perfectly back to normal yesterday. We spent Monday by the pool after we said our goodbyes to Uncle Bobby. After 5 hours of sunlight, everyone (including me) was exhausted. The girls rode home with my mom and I ended up having a quick little date with Mike since they got off work at 4:00. For two girls that played hard and didn't nap, they still fought sleep last night. I hope that Molly gets back on a decent sleep schedule. She woke up several times crying and screaming in her sleep.

No comments: