Saturday, May 19, 2007

Dollywood Here We Come






Our first trip to Dollywood this year was a big hit!! We missed you Cacki!! Today was Dealer's Picnic day and Daddy got an extra kids ticket - so Maggie invited Annabella. Unfortunately today was the second largest crowd I have ever seen at Dollywood, so the lines were unusually long. The girls only got to ride the swings, the tea cups, merry go round, & the veggie tales roller coaster. We got in line for Blazing Fury and as we got to the ride, they shut it down. We braved it again as we were leaving and that turned into a nightmare!! Maggie broke into tears as we got onto the ride and some insensitive male employee ruined everything (and who knows how long the damage he did will last). He let me know in a very unfriendly voice that she could not ride hysterical and she needed to quit crying. I have to point out, she was not hysterical. He came back to our car after checking the others and I had her tears dried up and he repeatedly asked her if she wanted to ride the ride. She shook her head yes, but he apparently needed to hear her voice. I kept saying to Maggie, say yes ma'am and he got in my face and said excuse me, I'm not a woman in a very elevated voice. Of course that scared Maggie and she started crying again. He started the questioning again in a mean voice - do you want to ride this ride or not? Then he said she couldn't ride because she was so scared of the situation that she couldn't dry up her tears. I got off the ride with her and Annabella didn't want to ride without Maggie. So I asked them to release her bar (she was with Mike) and to release Cameron's bar (her was in the next car in front of us). I don't know how their system works, but apparently that messed everything up for them and they were all furious with me!! I kept my words clean, but I didn't leave without making a scene.. I let him and everyone in ear shot know that if you ask a child over and over if they want to do something they will eventually change their mind back if they were already teetering... Maggie cried from start to finish on the ET ride at Disney World, but it was her favorite ride and she wanted to do it over and over. Maggie is my daughter and I of all people know what she needs... I would never force my child to ride something - it was her idea. I know that she does need a push to boost her confidence and then she loves it!! I have not been so angry at a situation in a long long time.. I reported it to Guest Services and they insured me that I would receive a call from senior management. Maggie told me she never wanted to ride that ride again.. How will I ever reverse that?? Other then that one incident, we had a great time!! Maggie still asks about why he was mean, but over all her day was A+++. I was sure the girls would sleep all the way home - WRONG!! They were all wound up!! It's fun to listen to two five year olds giggle for and hour. Molly wore panties to Dollywood and stayed dry all day. When it was time to leave, I knew she had to poop, so we put a pull up on and she felt much better!! Who knows how I will teach her to poop in the potty.



No comments: