The week is almost over and I just realized I haven't posted since Sunday - ooops!! The week has been uneventful. My car of course wasn't ready when expected. I dropped it off on Thursday and didn't get it back until they were closing on Tuesday.. Being without your car is humbling. You are at the mercy of friends and family. I don't know how families survive with one car..
Tuesday Maggie returned back to school and Mommy and Molly went to our Bible Study. Molly sees a lot more of church then Maggie does. Good thing she's not a clingy child. She always says "no church", but rarely complains once we get there. Christy was our taxi driver for the day. She picked us up and we hung out with her until it was time for car line. Then they spent the afternoon with us. I had to be rude for a while and get some work done. It's hard to force in some work time when you always want to have fun. Daddy went to dinner and a movie (Blades of Glory) with Danny after work. I guess Erica and I were too tired to really appreciate the humor of the movie because Mike still laughs about it. Granny picked us up and let us come hang out with them since we were stranded at home.
Wednesday was a quiet afternoon. We came home and goofed off around the house until it was time for us to take Molly to Papaw's. Molly made sure I knew she wanted to go to Papaw's while Maggie had gymnastics. Maggie had a lot of fun at gymnastics and we got to see Zach. He is now taking gymnastics at the same time.
Today Cacki picked the girls up from school so I could get a lot of "stuff" done. I didn't realize how far behind on me time I was since Cacki was gone for two weeks!! The girls had a great time and they came home exhausted. Maggie was so excited last night that her Cacki was finally going to pick her up from school without Mommy (that usually means a toy). I told her that I would be very proud of her if she could go hang out with Cacki without asking for a toy. Boy was that tough on her!!! She wanted to make me proud, but was it worth missing out on a great opportunity for a new toy?? Cacki called me after having lunch with her and said that I would be proud - Maggie had told her that she wanted to go play outside instead of going to the store. I am PROUD!! They were both happy to see their bed tonight!!
Molly's Funny Mispronounced Word: Chicken Table = Kitchen Table
I don't know why, but I always have to stop and think about what she is saying. She can say kitchen if you sound it out for her. Just like she calls Melissa "lissa" but can say it if you sound it out.
My frustration for the day: I found out that because we won't join the pool, Maggie cannot even participate in the tennis clinic they have during the summer. I am not a happy camper with the way things are ran in this neighborhood. I also found out that if we lived outside of the neighborhood shewould swim on the swim team without joining the pool?? What sense does that make?
No comments:
Post a Comment