Sunday, April 8, 2007

HAPPY EASTER!!



Burrrr.. It turned out to be a very cold Easter!! So much for sandals and sundresses - well we wore the dresses, but we had to put our winter coats on with them. Maggie woke up at 7:45 this morning anxious to find out if the Easter Bunny brought her "puppies in my pocket". I told her she needed to wait a little bit because I didn't want to wake Molly up that early since I knew it was going to be a long and busy day. When we finally got up, she was suppose to go downstairs and get her Daddy up, but instead she got involved with a cartoon on tv which gave Molly a little longer to sleep. It gave me time to cook & clean before our showers. Maggie found Molly's Easter basket first behind the couch and it took a little while to find hers. That crazy Easter Bunny hid it in the bathroom closet with all of her hair bows.. She wasn't overly impressed with anything in her basket (a book, water can, sports bottle, chocolate, and a dancing Barbie). When she opened Cacki's present, she found her puppies and excitement finally set in. Molly was excited by her bubble lawn mower and was even more thrilled to find $5 in her Easter card from Cacki & Grandbob. She loves $$.. Maggie decided she wanted to save her $$ - remember we are saving it for a puppy. What are we going to do when she realizes there's already more then $150 in her piggy bank..




Off to church we went for the 10:45 service. Molly wasn't thrilled to get dumped at her nursery class because she is use to Mommy working in her class. Maggie had to sit through the service with us because they didn't have class for kids in kindergarten and up. I remember when Maggie was little seeing those announcements for holiday services and thinking how far off that was for us and now our sweet baby is officially a "big girl".. She does really well during the service. She prefers to sit in the balcony on the front row so she can have a bird's eye view of everything (like mother like daughter)!! The service was rather short, but the church was packed. I can only imagine it was that way for all of the services.




All of our family came over for Easter lunch!! It is so nice to be able to get everyone together and spend the afternoon relaxing and enjoying conversation. Meghan and Molly were so funny together today. Meghan decided to be the "bully for the day". She smacked Molly upside the head on more then one occasion and insisted on pushing her on the wagon.. Molly decided it was better to whine about it and get Meghan in trouble then to fight back. It's odd to see that side of her because I know she has aggression in her - I've seen her be mean to Maggie a lot. Molly said over and over, "Meghan's mean!!"..




The girls were exhausted (I think they finally came down from their sugar high). They were both in bed asleep by 7:30. Guess I will be getting up early tomorrow!!

No comments: