Thursday, February 15, 2007

First Day of Blogging

Here goes, the first day of something new!!! I spend so much time in front of the computer, I figured I should be putting it to good use. I hope to create an online journal to help keep up with memories for my children. I am not great at journaling and I no longer have time to scrapbook, so I am hoping I can combine the two with this blog. Plus it will allow family and friends to check in on us whenever they want.

I wish I had started this yesterday, but I can always just go back a day.. Valentine's Day was not what we all had planned.. Molly spiked a fever on Tuesday while she was shopping with Cacki and then she spiked another fever at 3:30 AM. Her fever was 105.1 when I got her to the kitchen. So, off to the doctor we went on Valentine's morning. No volunteering for Maggie's class party for me!! Dr. Meyers was sure Molly had the flu, but she was surprised when the strep test came back positive. Zithromax - Yipppeee!! My favorite. It's quick, easy and we know Molly's not allergic to it. Maggie was a little sad when I picked her up from school because I didn't come to her party (the first one I've missed). Sadness quickly turned to excitement as she showed me all of her Valentine cards. Maggie gave all of her friend's Littlest Pet Shop cards with a fruit roll up. She loved being able to write all of their names on the cards. Daddy left work a little early so he could take Maggie to gymnastics. On his way out the door, he got a call from an old friend that was passing through town - Eric. They got to meet up for a late dinner and play catch up for a couple hours. They met at Bonefish and Mike said he realized it looked a little odd being out with another guy for dinner on Valentine's so he felt the need to show pictures of his kids to the server!!

Molly is feeling a lot better today.. Her fever is finally under 100. We will be going to dinner tonight at Cacki and Grandbob's for dinner to celebrate Mike's birthday a little early.

No comments: