Sunday, December 12, 2010

Gaylord Opryland

I cannot think of a better way to get in the Holiday Spirit than a stay at Gaylord Opryland Hotel! I was able to trade them ad space for one nights stay and tickets to ICE!! My first visit to the hotel was when I was just a little older than Maggie is. I loved it then as much as I loved it this weekend. The girls were so excited!! They remembered visiting last year, but we only walked through for a few minutes. The idea of sleeping in the hotel and being able to walk the long halls and swim in the pool was so exciting for them!! Our drive over, the temperature was 54 degrees. This morning when we left, it ranged from 19-27 degrees on the drive back. The rain set in last night and turned to snow. Waiting for the shuttle to take us to the ICE exhibit was miserable. We didn't realize how close it was or we would have just walked like we did on the way back. Once you go inside, it is a whopping six degrees inside! BRRRR!! They give you nice warm parkas to wear, but that isn't enough to make the snot not freeze and your hands not burn!!







No comments: