Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Hayride Time in TN

Busy...life is busy!! I have tons of pictures to post, and I will eventually. For now I just want to stay somewhat caught up on updates. I do not want to look back and regret that I left several weeks in our life :-)

Fall is here.. The leaves are beautiful and we have been working inside the house so much that we have not had much of an opportunity to enjoy them. This past weekend I knew that we needed to get outside. Friday night we went to the corn maze to enjoy some time together. Unfortunately, by the time we got there, it was too late to go through the corn maze because it turns haunted at dusk. The girls enjoyed picking out a couple small pumpkins and I picked up my check from the owner. All in all, it was a successful trip.

Saturday morning was Race for the Cure. Getting up at 6 am on a Saturday morning is not my idea of fun, but once the caffeine kicked in I had a blast. We met for doughnuts at 7 and was at the convention center by 8 for group pictures. I had absolutely NO intention of running. I didn't even wear a sports bra. Luckily, I am a go with the flow kind of person because Erica and Melissa came with intentions of running!!! Needless to say I was sore the next day.. Cacki took Maggie and Molly to the campground for one last overnight stay before it closes for the winter. They had quiet and adventure that Cacki will not soon forget. They locked themselves out of the camper, ran out of gas and nearly froze, blew a fuse and the list goes on.. The girls had a blast and they really enjoy the freedom that comes from camping (especially with Grandparents). While the kids were away having fun in the great outdoors, we were stuck inside working on hardwood floors.. I am so excited!! This house is going to feel so much cleaner once we get this project complete.

I turned the alarm clock off and slept until 9 on Sunday. Once we came to life, we headed to the mountains for or annual hayride. It was absolutely beautiful up there. I had a bit of bike envy as we saw several people riding in Townsend and around Cades Cove.. The kids had a blast playing in the water and just hanging out. It seems like when school is in session, the kids rarely see each other. We took the early haride this year which was warmer and put us home in time for bedtime. Bill, Kelly and Aaron joined us for their first hayride around Cades Cove and I think everyone loved it. We stopped for Pizza Kitchen on the way home. The kids did great considering how tired they were.

Molly was excited that Monday was a Mommy Day!! We slept until 8:30, snuggled and played tickle monster until 9 and didn't get out the door until 11:30 to run errands.

Molly is doing much better about going to school. We are finally past crying and screaming about every step of the morning. She has finally even adjusted to staying for lunch. After gymnastics tonight, we went to Chick-Fil-A with Shelby and Sydney.. They had a blast getting their face painted and painting pumpkins. We were there for 2 hours!!


No comments: