Saturday, September 19, 2009

As I lay here unable to sleep, I glanced back at September, 2007 to see what our life was like then in comparison to now. I love looking at the pictures and being reminded in detail of what our days were filled with. Miley has been a part of our family for two years this month... That is hard to believe. The girls love her so much and there are many times I am ready to kill her (for chewing stuff up, peeing on the carpet, you name it), but deep down I love her and I am thankful that the girls have a dog that they can snuggle with.

Monday night we finally got to watch Cameron play football. Unfortunately, we came to a game where the other team seemed much bigger and dominated the field. We ate dinner at El Mez Cal before we went with the Pack's and Sydney asked Maggie if she wanted to go to the game and her answer cracked me up. She said, "yeah, I want to see Meghan, I haven't seen her in forever." The truth is, she wanted to see Cameron, but she was too embarrassed to admit it. She adores Cameron.

Tuesday was gymnastics...

Wednesday, Molly and I had to take my Kids' Directory banner to the Duck Duck Goose sale. I sponsored the Mother's Lounge, which meant I got to give out Kids' Directories and buy diaper wipes :-). Molly was such a big helper. She loves being involved in anything and everything. I am already getting nervous about August, 2010. I am going to miss her terribly when she starts school. I will be the first to admit that she has her moments where she is difficult & strong-willed, but she and I are buddies. I love having our little conversations. I love her holding my hand as we go from place to place. I already wonder who I will talk to when I go to the grocery store. Who will deliver directories to me and keep me company. Yes, it will make life much easier as far as being able to work is concerned, but in the big scheme of things who cares. I only have 11 months left before her life is monopolized by school, too. Releasing her to school will be different then it was with Maggie. For Maggie, fear controlled me. I was honestly terrified that the world would eat her alive. She was so quiet, so timid and so fragile in my mind. I know that Molly can stand up for herself because she is a second born child, but for her my heart will hurt for selfish reasons. I will be alone all day....five days a week....and that freaks me out already. I love both of my girls so much and lately I have just been so consumed with how fast they are growing up. Maggie is 8 years old. In less than five years, she will be a teenager. In 8 years, she will be driving. In nine years, she will graduate from high school. 9 YEARS!!! That is all I have left with her being under my roof. What if I have not prepared her for life to the best of my ability in 9 years? My heart is overwhelmed at this very moment.. On July 25, 2001, no one could have prepared me for how fast this journey would be.

Thursday....gymnastics

Friday, Molly and I took Maggie to school and then came back home to take a shower and get ready for her flu mist appointment at school. It was so sweet to listen to Maggie prepare Molly for the flu mist. Molly was a little nervous about getting it, which is unusual for her. Maggie told her that she would get a sticker with a monkey on it and that it would taste like a flavor, but she didn't know which one. It was neat to watch how they administered it to an entire school. They had several nurses stationed across a table and they would ask each child their name and then they simply squirt half of the syringe up one nostril and give them a moment to suck it up and then they squirt the other nostril. Molly's eyes watered from the intensity of the spray, but she did great and it took literally 60 seconds. As we were walking through the parking lot and she was still sniffing it, she said "the flu mist does make your snot taste different." Maggie was right, there was a monkey sticker as a reward!! Molly and I spent the rest of the day trying to get the heat press to work that I brought home. We were not having any luck, so we went shopping... We held hands, we laughed, we just enjoyed being together. I even took her to Mencies so she could get an ice cream treat. Once again, my realization that this time is almost over was kicking in!! I cried for three weeks before Maggie started school. I hope this weepiness is not here to stay for a whole year (as I type with tears flooding my face). We picked Maggie up from school, hung out for a little while at home and then headed to the mall for Maddie's birthday party.

September is a month of birthdays for us. Uncle Bubba starts us off on 9/11 and then Sydney, Brandon, Maddie, Madeline, Christina, Grace and then Grandbob wraps up the month.

Maddie had a Liza Moz party, then the girls went back to her house for a sleepover. They got up this morning and went to Michael's for a free craft, which was a lot of fun. Lunch was served at none other than Chick-Fil-A, followed by Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. I picked her up around 4:00.

Tomorrow we will go to church and then go visit Cacki and Grandbob before they head off on their next big trip. This time they are going to Panama. We also will celebrate Grandbob's birthday early because he will be gone on his birthday. Maggie has to be at Christina's party at 2:00 at an outdoor pool. I am sure she will freeze to death.

Molly got in trouble the other day for something and I put her in time out for five minutes. The phone rang and I took the call downstairs and completely forgot about her being in her room. She finally yelled for her Daddy and said, "Mommy forgot that I don't know how to tell time." She was waiting patiently for me to return.


No comments: