Thursday, May 1, 2008

Spring Is Back!!

Time has a way of slipping by so quickly!! It's hard to make time to sit down and write thoughts that make sense when the kids are awake and when they are sleeping, I usually am too!! Tonight is the second night this week that I have put Molly to bed at 6:00. She just gets worn out and I have quickly learned that our terrible melt downs happen on nights that she is exhausted.

Sunday, we met the Mirts' Family after church at Mellow Mushroom. It was fun catching up with them and Maggie really admires Elizabeth and Rebecca. I can only pray that my girls turn out as sweet and mature as they are. I was looking through Maggie's scrapbook from when she was a baby and both of them look so young. It makes me sad to think about how fast they have grown up and that Elizabeth is graduating this year!! I can't stand the thought of Maggie and Molly growing that fast. Seeing Rebecca with her boyfriend scares me to death. I am not equipped for the drama that goes along with dating... Maggie has informed me that when she is older, she want to drive a van that has a DVD played built into it for her kids (that's the first time she has ever referred to anything kid or marriage related). Molly on the other hand begged to wear a bra to school on Wednesday!!
Monday was an embarrassing day for Maggie. When I picked her up, she had on boy blue jeans. I asked her what had happened and she quietly explained that she had an accident in the library. WHAT!! That's just not like Maggie. I think that she has developed such a fear of the librarian that she was scared to ask to go to the bathroom. I felt horrible for her, but she handled it well!! We played a makeup game at the Watt Road fields, so Cacki was able to come and watch. It rained all morning, so I was sure they would cancel it, but the sun came out and dried up the fields!! Mike picked Cacki up on his way home and Maggie was excited to have her at the game. She even rode along to take Cacki home. Molly, of course, wanted to ride with me!!

Tuesday was really cold!! We didn't do much other then go to Maryville to deliver books..

Wednesday, Granny was off work, so I met up with her when I finished my deliveries for a Keva Juice!! Then we took the girls to Anchor Park to spend some time with Haillee and Lainey. Maggie is really sad that Haillee is moving to Texas. I was fortunate as a child that I only had one close friend move away.. I am afraid that Maggie will have several in her school years!!


Today, Molly and I overslept and were late for Bible Study. She didn't go to bed until almost 11:00 last night and I had taken some Nyquil. I ended up falling asleep in her bed and sleeping there until 6:00. She woke up when Maggie was getting ready for school, so I made her lay back down when she left and go back to sleep. Luckily, Erica called and woke us up at 9:20. After Bible Study, we met up with Alice to take some pictures of her pregnant belly!! Molly and Maggie both enjoyed seeing her. Then we went to the Cove thinking we were meeting Melissa there, but she had decided to stay home. We had a fun time and saw a little boy that Maggie had gone to preschool with. We picked up pizza on the way home and then got ready for soccer. I put Molly to bed before we left for practice and Mike stayed home with her. He went to the doctor yesterday, so he can use all the rest he can get.
Tomorrow is my day to take Maggie to school. She begged me to let her have a day off, but I told her that she has tests on Friday and that she can't skip it!! I think it would be fun to let her skip school on a Monday or Wednesday and go have a special day with her while Maggie is in school. Rumor has it that she only has one other kid in her class competing for going all year without getting their card pulled!! GO MAGGIE!!!! I cannot express how thankful I am that she is such a good student!! God made her that way, not me!!

No comments: